Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Dealing Operations Apprenticeship
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme.
Throughout the 12-18 month Apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications (eg.Level 3 Investment Operations Apprenticeship, including Investment Operations Certificate (IOC)) develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
This scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after school or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives, complete the IOC and pass the Apprenticeship during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team
Prudential Capital (PruCap) within M&G has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, mature and driven individual to develop a long term career within their Prudential Treasury team. The Prudential Treasury team is one of Prudential Capital’s market facing dealing desks and is responsible for all aspects of money market and foreign exchange market execution for the Prudential Group. This will be a broad and varied role and will provide exposure to all aspects of financial products working as part of an experienced and busy dealing team. This will include trading assistant duties, creating reports and providing data extracts, client liaison and assisting the dealing team with the day to day dealing flows.
You would be responsible for performing the following typical tasks:
- Updating and managing dealing systems, MS Excel based applications and spreadsheets
- Providing day to day support to the Prudential Treasury dealing team
- Providing specific support to the dealers
- Providing ad-hoc data extracts
- Engaging with the broader PruCap business as well as internal business units
- Engaging with our third party suppliers
- Assisting with issue resolution and escalation
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points (240 old UCAS tariff), or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A professional and efficient approach
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi task
- Solid grasp of both written and spoken English
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A practical thinker with common sense and good attention to detail
- A proactive team player who is confident about working independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Willing to undertake the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) upon completion of the Apprenticeship
How to apply
To apply and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!