Business and Supply Chain Degree Apprenticeship at GSKTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with GSK
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare within which all our 100,000 employees share the vision of helping people do more, feel better and live longer.
Business and Supply Chain Degree Apprenticeship
Our business and supply chain degree apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to play a key role in helping the company source raw materials, manufacture our products and deliver the finished products all over the world.
Ensuring that our products are delivered to our patients and customers when they need them is vital. As a business and supply chain apprentice, you will gain a strong understanding of the steps involved in an end-to-end supply chain and play a key role in ensuring that GSK makes the right products and delivers them to the right place at the right time.
What does a business and supply chain degree apprenticeship involve?
During the apprenticeship you will gain insight into how products and goods are made and shipped including warehouse operations. You'll also learn how to use and interpret supply chain data to organise our raw materials and help plan and organise our manufacturing and product delivery schedules.
This apprenticeship combines on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role might include:
- assisting the planning department in their role through inputting data to measure key performance indicators (KPIs),
- attending daily and weekly performance meetings and running reports
- helping team members with data collection, and trending to measure KPIs
- you will also be in charge of putting together metrics for performance meetings
- as you progress in the role you will have more responsibility, potentially picking up your own portfolio of products to manage
- working alongside colleagues on key projects liaising with external contractors, and as your experience grows you may have the opportunity to manage your own
What does this apprenticeship offer me?
This four-year apprenticeship programme offers you the chance to study towards nationally recognised qualifications while gaining valuable, paid work experience.
As a Business and Supply Chain apprentice you will study towards a BSc (Hons) in Professional Management Practise and also complete a Level 5 Foundation degree in Professional Practise in International Trade.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our business and supply chain higher apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- a minimum 5 GCSEs A* to C including Maths and English language (not literature)
- Must have/be predicted to achieve 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent) not including General Studies
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our site in Worthing.
When does the apprenticeship start?
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.