About Severn Trent
With eight million customers we do something incredible everyday, supplying almost two billion litres of water. From rivers and reservoirs across the UK, we connect communities with the world’s most precious resource.
Project Management - Higher Apprenticeship
Every project needs to be managed to ensure it’s success and as a Project Manager, you’ll know what needs to be achieved, how it will be achieved, how long it will take and how much it will cost, and work with the project team to achieve the required outcomes.
Initially working alongside the Programme Engineers you could be helping to manage and deliver projects across either our Water Infrastructure teams on our mains rehabilitation works, or our Waste Infrastructure team who work on a wide range of projects from pumping stations to sewer rehabilitation.
- The ability to work under pressure in times of high work volume to add value to the customer at all levels
- The ability to proactively diagnose and solve problems to give a right first time solution
- The capacity to articulate and interpret technical information and specifications
- The ability to effectively communicate and negotiate in order to achieve a desirable outcome.
- Actively seek feedback and challenges where appropriate. Make tough decisions and take ownership of the consequences
- The ability to forge strong and effective working relationships with colleagues and contract partners
- Self motivated and committed to continual improvement of asset performance
How we'll support you
- Induction event
- An Apprentice buddy
- Regular performance reviews with your manager
A two-week induction designed to introduce you to our business and show you how we work.
Someone to share your experiences with and support you in achieving your ambitions.
Bi-annual reviews to help you outline clearly defined goals and measure how you’re developing against them.
Training and Development
This is a Level 4 HNC/HND programme. That means, as you develop and complete this qualification, you’ll have the option to progress on to further courses.
This scheme focus on developing the key skills and experience that you’ll require to be a technical expert here, either through working in operational teams or on some of our key projects. This will allow you to combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development training modules.
You’ll also be given a Personal Development Plan, to help you drive and own your career progression. This will be set and agreed with your line manager and reviewed regularly to inform quarterly performance reviews.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Pay: £15,000 per annumApply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Severn Trent
“You’re not just a number at Severn Trent, you’re an individual.” University wasn’t the right route for me; I wanted to...