About Balfour Beatty
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in either East Anglia, South East, South West or Peterborough.
Take a look at what we do:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
Quantity Surveyor Apprenticeship
An Apprentice Quantity Surveyor assists other commercial team members in carrying out a range of commercial duties. They will help manage the costs of a project at every stage and support the effective engagement and management of our supply chain.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will study for and be expected to pass Higher (level 4) Construction and building Services Management and Supervision (Sustainability) within 3yrs.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor include:
- Gather data and carry out research on current construction costs under supervision
- Measure, record & value work supervised in accordance with appropriate rules and procedures
- Record progress on site and help prepare and maintain records
- Use the company’s ERP System
- Collation of Cost and Value Information
- Collect information required to specify procurement requirements
- Record and document information including registration of interest
- Understand the steps / documentation required
- Collation of cost and value information
- Measurement of works and provide information on subcontractors performance
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values and Behaviours
- Participate in Apprentice development programme and work toward professional status.
Who we’re looking for:
- 5 GCSE's including Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent
- 2 A Levels or have completed an advanced( level 3) apprenticeship in Construction or Technical occupation
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Balfour Beatty Behaviours:
- Energy: Create pace and momentum in the right direction
- Edge: Courage to make the tough decisions
- Excite: Engage and inspire my team to take on the seemingly impossible
- Execute: Get the job done and done well
- Empowerment: Provide direction and support without prescribing the route
- Empathise: Listen, understand and adjust
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!