About Balfour Beatty
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in either East Anglia or Warrington.
Take a look at what we do:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
Construction Management Apprenticeship
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Construction Management Apprentice. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
As a Construction Management Apprentice our aim is to develop your skills and help you reach your full potential.
You will study for and be expected to pass Higher (level 4) Construction and Building Services Management and Supervision (Sustainability) within 3yrs.
Your responsibilities as a Construction Management Apprentice include:
- Assisting with organisation of site documentation.
- Assisting with updating the site diary on Autodesk BIM 360.
- Organise construction drawings and update drawing folders and drawing racks to ensure latest drawing revisions are available.
- Create and display information posters on site notice boards for operatives and visitors.
- Assist the Site/Project Manager with compiling photos and quality records required by the client, building control and employer’s agents.
- Work on the AWG folders as well as assisting with other documents that the client requires from the site (Construction Management Apprentice).
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE)
- Assist the site operations team with ensuring that subcontractor HSE paperwork is received on time and contains the correct information.
- Assisting the site operations team with pre-start plant and machinery checks, and checking the sub-contractors are undertaking daily plant checks.
- Attend daily site supervisor meetings and HSE meetings and help with minute taking.
- Take a positive approach by reporting to Site Managers safety issues on site such as access and egress, Person Protective Equipment, faulty or unsafe equipment and plant.
- Undertake regular noise and dust monitoring as required and check the tidiness of the site.
- Check that observation card boxes have sufficient cards and update the ‘you said we did’ boards with observation card comments and what the team did to sort this issue.
Tools and Materials
- Assist the site team with ordering stationary and construction materials as required (Construction Operations Apprentice)
- Assist the site team with hiring and off-hiring of tools and equipment from Balfour Batty Plant Desk as required.
- Monitor stocks of PPE for Balfour Beatty team and assist with ordering additional PPE that is required.
- Assist the site team with checking the quality of work by our subcontractors, both interim and final handover inspections.
- Report any issues with damaged materials or damage to finished works to Site Managers.
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values and Behaviours
- Participate in Apprentice development programme and work toward professional status.
Who we’re looking for:
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent
- 2 A Levels
- Completed an advanced( level 3) apprenticeship in Construction
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Work experience or Part time employment
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!