“My Apprenticeship has jump-started my career. I’m gaining unparalleled experience, a wealth of skills and knowledge and forming real connections with inspiring people who are truly passionate to help me develop. – Samantha Whitbread, Business Administration…”
Do you want to kick-start your career in one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies? Every day, 2.5 billion people in 190 countries buy and use our products including Persil, Dove, Magnum, Hellman’s, Marmite and Lynx.
Research & Development Refreshment Degree Apprenticeship
The Unilever research and development degree apprenticeship scheme in Colworth is your opportunity to join an exciting and challenging area within Unilever. Our apprentices follow a structured and challenging academic programme to achieve a BSc Honours degree as well as working on real projects with world renowned scientists that deliver to some of the 2.5 billion consumers who use a Unilever product everyday.
As a R&D Refreshment Apprentice, you will work with the R&D Refreshment teams leading the way in developing new products in Beverages and Ice Cream. Over the 5 years you will study for a BSc while experiencing working in different aspects of Refreshment R&D, whether it is in the Ice cream Global Design Centre to develop Ice Cream Products for the global market, designing and utilising new technology to develop products for innovations truly ahead of the competition; or in Beverages delivering world class innovations in great tasting drinks that meet the vitality needs of our consumers or in the Discover team whose aim is to be the primary source of sustainable, new science bringing great inventions for Unilever long-term competitiveness.
- 4 year course resulting in a BSc Honours degree.
- It is an apprenticeship aligned to the level 6 apprenticeship standard: Standard for Food Industry Technical Professional Integrated Degree Apprenticeship.
- On the job experience at Colworth within R&D Food and Refreshments.
- Working on innovative projects with the R&D team.
- Learning new methodologies and contributing to furthering Unilever’s iconic brands.
- This is the next step in your career and with it comes accountability and responsibility. You will be working while you study and you will need to show you have the commitment and initiative to manage the pressures that this will bring.
- At least 2 Science A levels (or equivalent) at grade B or above – Chemistry, Physics, Biology and/or Math’s preferred. This can be already obtained or predicted grades from current study. Please state your predicted grade in your application if you have yet to receive your results.
- A real passion and understanding in Science.
- From the moment you join the scheme you will be working on real projects with real responsibilities and deliverables. We are looking for people not afraid to ask questions, learn new skills and speak up. Your input is just as important as the next persons.
You must be able to express yourself when working within such a large business environment. You will need to listen to people and communicate clearly to achieve your goals.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!