About Severn Trent
With eight million customers we do something incredible everyday, supplying almost two billion litres of water. From rivers and reservoirs across the UK, we connect communities with the world’s most precious resource.
Utilities Engineering Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship
This scheme gives you a background in Engineering theory and principles that you can use to bring clean water to entire communities. You’ll get out on-the-job early, visiting sites, building and repairing infrastructure and making our business flow.
What you’ll be doing
Having completed an intensive residential period of on-the-job training, where you’ll have gained a high level of technical knowledge to support your transition into operational placements, you’ll have the opportunity to start putting your skills to use. Our Utilities Engineering Technicians perform vital maintenance on equipment to ensure our sites and systems run efficiently and safely, as well as supporting other disciplines.
You can become an expert in any of these areas:
- Mechanical: use mechanical theory and principles to overcome a wide range of technical challenges.
- Electrical: build and maintain a complex electrical system that keeps us connected
- Instrumentation, Control and Automation (ICA): work with unique technology we use to monitor and safeguard our supply.
This Advanced Apprenticeship is A-level standard.
How we’ll support you
- Induction event – a two-week induction designed to introduce you to our business, show you how we work and help you get the best possible start to your career
- An Apprentice buddy – someone to share your experiences with and support you in achieving your ambitions
- Regular performance reviews with your manager – bi-annual reviews to help you outline clearly-defined goals and measure how you’re developing against them
- National Qualifications – we’ll also help you to pursue nationally recognised qualifications, such as NVQs
Training and Development
Your rotation placements will allow you to develop the skills and experience that you’ll require to become an expert here, either through working in operational teams or on technical projects. During this time, you’ll combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development training modules and have the opportunity to gain a range of NVQ Level 3 Qualifications.
To help you drive and own your career progression, we’ll provide you with Personal Development Plan. This will be set and agreed with your line manager and reviewed regularly to inform your bi-annual performance reviews.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Pay: Circa £15,000 per annumApply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Severn Trent
“You’re not just a number at Severn Trent, you’re an individual.” University wasn’t the right route for me; I wanted to...