Human Resources Consultant Higher Apprenticeship at Severn Trent
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Severn Trent
About Severn Trent
With eight million customers we do something incredible everyday, supplying almost two billion litres of water. From rivers and reservoirs across the UK, we connect communities with the world’s most precious resource.
Human Resources Consultant Higher Apprenticeship
With over 6,000 employees across the Severn Trent organisation our Human Resources function helps support the whole employee lifecycle covering; Resourcing, Total Reward, Organisation Development and HR Operations. As an apprentice HR Consultant you’ll be exposed to a wide range of opportunities through tailored placements across these functions to help you develop your HR generalist experience.
Your initial placement will be a role in our HR Hub, which provides HR administration support, first line advice and payroll activities across the Severn Trent business. Alongside this you will be working with Senior HR colleagues to advise on current processes and advise managers on policy and procedures to ensure best practice. All of this ensures that we continue to work towards our values including ‘Creating an awesome place to work’.
Responsibilities will include
Delivery of a 1st class HR administration and first level advisory service across the business within agreed SLA’s on all areas within an employee life cycle including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of HR database & HR Administration processes
- Resolving employee and line manager queries, or escalate as appropriate
- Ensure that Streamline / Sharepoint is updated as appropriate
- All HR Administration processes are undertaken accurately and in a timely manner
- Support the annual pay review, bonus and other projects or associated administrative processes as required.
- Manage Long Service Awards administration.
- Support Graduate & Apprentice Administration requirements
- Support L&D Administration requirements
- Undertake payroll and benefits administration as required
- Managing the archiving and electronic filing processes as well as distribution of post
- Management of all HR Administration related documentation and employee lifecycle process documentation ensuring end-to-end process maps are maintained.
- Liaison with or escalation to Senior HR Advisers, Operational Excellence, 3rd party suppliers and senior internal stakeholders
How we'll support you
A two-week induction designed to introduce you to our business, show you how we work and help you get the best possible start to your career.
An Apprentice mentor
An experienced professional who will teach you about our work and guide your development.
Regular performance reviews with your manager
Quarterly reviews to help you outline clearly-defined goals and measure how you’re developing against them.
You will complete an appropriate qualification within which you will focus on your Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development: CIPD Level 5
Training and Development
Your rotation placements will allow you to develop the skills and experience that you’ll require to become an expert here, either through working in operational teams or on technical projects. During this time, you’ll combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development training modules and have the opportunity to gain a CIPD Level 5 qualification.
To help you drive and own your career progression, we’ll provide you with Personal Development Plan. This will be set and agreed with your line manager and reviewed regularly to inform your quarterly performance reviews.
What we're looking for
Our solicitor apprenticeship is available to people with:
- 5 GCSEs, including Mathematics & English - grade C or above (or equivalent);
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) - minimum grade C
- Level 3 Human Resources apprenticeship or equivalent qualification or work based training.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Pay: Circa £15,000 per annum