Covance Inc., a global contract research organization (CRO), is the world’s most comprehensive drug development company.
We’re dedicated to advancing healthcare and delivering Solutions Made Real® by providing high-quality nonclinical, preclinical, clinical and commercialization services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to help reduce the time and costs associated with drug development.
“Every day is another chance to help save the lives of millions of people around the world. When you join our team, you get to be a part of that.”
Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship
As an apprentice laboratory technician within Covance, you will play an integral role in supporting all aspects of laboratory and study support functions for our testing and development work. Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully-tailored training programme, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of clinical trials and bringing miracles of medicine to market.
This is an introductory role that would suit someone looking for their first step in a career within the science industry.
You will learn the following:
- Routine and one-off laboratory testing and how to perform a variety of technical laboratory techniques;
- Work both individually and as part of the laboratory team;
- Work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken;
- Work safely in the laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems;
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and be able to maintain good accurate written records of work carried out;
- Follow quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards relevant to the workplace;
- Develop and apply your theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology;
- Tissue recognition, cutting, staining and microscopy; and its associated data management;
- Preparation and recording a wide variety of formulations for Toxicology studies
What you’ll receive:
You’ll undertake an advanced apprenticeship in Laboratory Technician over the course of 24 months,
- You will study for a HNC,
- An IOSH level 3 certificate,
- A chance to Act as an Ambassador across Yorkshire for Science roles,
- A salary of £13,500 in your first year rising to £14,500 in your second year based on performance,
- A generous benefits and holiday package
- Progression opportunities and a chance to work on ground breaking trials
- An A-level in Biology or Chemistry preferred but not essential, or relevant work experience or a level 3 science based qualification,
- A passion for science,
- A willingness to learn,
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team,
- Great attention to detail, Good communication skills
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!