About the BBC
Be part of something special. Join the BBC.
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. Funded primarily through the television licence fee, the BBC provides audiences in the UK with high quality and distinctive services across television, radio and online. In the UK the BBC provides 10 network television services, 10 network radio services, 46 radio services in the nations and regions of the UK, plus an extensive online presence. The BBC also delivers impartial news and information to audiences around the globe through the World Service.
Earn whilst you learn by joining the BBC as an Apprentice Tax Technician. This 22 month apprenticeship will be working in the Group Tax Team whose vision is to be an advisory partner to the business globally on all tax issues. This role is to support Group Corporate Tax, Group Indirect Tax and Group Employment Tax, whilst completing an ATT qualification.
The role starts in February 2018 and the salary is £17,060.
You will receive full training and support when you join the BBC, through on the job learning, as well as attending BPP college. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Support BBC Tax Finance Business Partners to act as information and advice help desk for indirect, direct and employment tax issues within the BBC Group eg. advising on the tax implications of major international sporting events and other instances where the BBC is filming abroad.
- Supporting with the management of tax risks globally by liaising with other BBC offices across the world.
- Assisting the BBC Tax Finance Business Partners with the review of tax compliance and reporting deliverables with a focus on continual process improvement and looking for innovative ways of improving the compliance process.
- Supporting the BBC Tax Finance Business Partners with tax advice and managing external tax advisers
- Support BBC Tax Finance Business Partners to deliver tax and finance related systems training across the Group which means working closely with production accountants and in-house BBC teams to better understand the BBC and how all of our favourite BBC shows are made, sold and distributed.
- Develop an understanding of the relevant SAP processes and accounting entries
- Contribute to ensuring fresh ideas and best practices are being brought into BBC Finance
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with a keen interest in accounting. We will ask you throughout your application about your interest in Tax accounting so make sure you have done your research into Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, and Employment Tax. We do not expect you to have previous experience however we would like you to have demonstrated some of the skills required so that you can make the most of the apprenticeship. This can be through your studies or through extra curricular activities/ part-time jobs.
We would like an application from you if you can show that you have
- An ability to work with numbers
- A really good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- A willingness to learn and improve existing processes
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!