GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare within which all our 100,000 employees share the vision of helping people do more, feel better and live longer.
Artwork Design and Delivery Apprenticeship
Ever wondered who designs the artwork for the tubes of Sensodyne toothpaste or alters the logo for Aquafresh? If so, you might be interested in our Artwork Design and Delivery apprenticeship.
At our Barnard Castle site, we manage the artwork for our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare businesses. Apprentices are key in helping us to produce and deliver the artwork for our leaflets, packaging and labels.
What is involved?
You will be providing the technical specifications and drawings for our leaflets, cartons and labels. Then there is proof reading, to make sure everything is quality checked and giving the patients the correct information they need.
You will also learn about packaging materials, print processes and equipment as well as training in roles such as Artwork Operator, CAD Operator, Artwork Supply Planner and Proof Reader in this specialist field.
Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role may involve:
- Providing technical specifications for drawings
- Planning and supplying artwork for global packaging
- Proof reading and quality checking leaflets and labels
- Some creative design work and graphic elements
- Communicating with clients from all around the world.
- Contributing to the product packaging and advertising for market leading brands.
What does this apprenticeship offer me?
Our multi-skilled advanced apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to train as a CAD operator, an Artwork Operator, a Proof Reader or an Artwork Planner while gaining valuable, paid work experience.
This three-year programme provides you with:
- An Advanced Apprenticeship.
- An NVQ level 3 qualification.
- Other industry standard qualifications.
- Hands-on experience of the whole packaging artwork process.
- An opportunity to work for one of the largest science-led healthcare companies in the world.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our Artwork Design and Delivery apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- A minimum 5 GCSEs 9-5/A*-C (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language (not Literature)
- This apprenticeship is based at our Barnard Castle site and runs for three years.
- Apprenticeships start in September 2018.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from GSK
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork and design apprentice is great, the opportunities that...