“I applied to Unilever because of the award-winning apprenticeship scheme and knowing I could gain high level qualifications whilst being trained on the job by experienced engineers. Working for Unilever has given me an insight into different job roles and opportunities I never knew existed! I’m excited for what the future holds. - Chloe, Engineering Apprentice.…”
Why not kick-start your career with the Planning Apprenticeship at Unilever? Getting an ice cream like Magnum into the hands of a consumer in the right condition at the right time and price is very much at the heart of what we do!
The Unilever Planning Apprenticeship is your opportunity to a career in our World-Class Supply Chain.
In the Logistics team you’ll ensure that components from across the globe are brought together in the most efficient and effective way to produce millions of high-quality products. You will learn the underpinning theories of supply chain and logistical planning as well as experience project work within your team. You will develop skills to lead, influence and above all the ability to hold others accountable to delivering what you need.
About the programme
Our Apprenticeship in Logistics lasts two years and follows the National Apprenticeship Standard as well as Unilever specific technology modules and personal development programmes.
The programme incorporates on-the-job training in 3 key areas: production and supply planning, raw and packaging material planning and distribution planning. You will study simultaneously, matching your formal academic learning to the operational experiences you are having day-to-day.
Completion of the programme will ensure you have the knowledge and skills to work effectively as part of a world class team in a range of logistics roles such as Planning and projects. You will obtain the following qualification: Level 3 Certificate in Logistics Operations; The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) - known as the premier certification for internal supply chain business operations.
- Ideally you will be educated to A-level with a minimum requirement of A-levels grade C or above in two subjects.
- You are a passionate and positive individual who strives to take the lead and seek out fresh opportunities and challenges.
- You go the extra mile in order to exceed customer expectations and deliver above and beyond every time.
- Communication is key – you are expected to be confident and clear with the information you present and publish.
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office especially Excel.
- This is the next step in your career and with it comes accountability and responsibility. You will be working while you study and you will need to show you have the commitment and initiative to manage the pressures that this will bring.
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Start Date: September 2018
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!