About The National Archives
The National Archives needs passionate, ambitious and innovative individuals to help us change the way people think about archives. We have a collection of 11 million records, from Shakespeare's will to tweets from Downing Street. With a collection like this - one of the largest in the world - we want to make sure that it's available and accessible to our increasing digital audience.
We are based in a beautiful parkland site in Kew in south west London, just ten minutes' walk from overground and underground stations, with access to free parking.
Infrastructure Analyst Apprenticeship
An opportunity to develop your skills at one of the world’s leading digital archives. The National Archives is looking for a motivated and creative individual to join us as an Apprentice Infrastructure Analyst.
You’ll be actively involved in the technical support of the IT infrastructure and the deployment of technology projects with hands-on experience of servers, storage and other systems.
Enjoy the opportunity to work with colleagues and third party suppliers to provide technical support and troubleshooting of the infrastructure so that services are always available to the public and internal customers.
If you’re keen to develop your technical skills in an operational role this Apprenticeship will equip you with the broad range of skills necessary to progress your career in IT.
This 13 month Apprenticeship is offered as part of a 2 year fixed term contract, with the possibility of an extension or permanency at the end of the 2 years.
Core Skills Covered:
- Mobile Devices
- Coding and logic
- Business processes, including Helpdesk systems
Annual Salary: £18,647
What you’ll do:
- Undertake blended learning activities to gain knowledge with a mix of workplace experience, class based training and online learning to complement work undertaken in the workplace
- Provide technical support and administration of our Infrastructure environment including our data spaces, servers, storage & backup, virtual platform, operating systems, security, mobility, management tools, communication services and desktop build
- Work with colleagues and suppliers to deliver technology projects
- Respond to incidents, working with third parties and colleagues to investigate, analyse and resolve issues and service interruptions and to resume normal service as soon as possible following the approved incident management process
- Work with colleagues and suppliers to confirm that appropriate security is in place across all of the systems and services
- Create and maintain documentation and ensure that technical and procedural documentation is in place and up-to-date
- Act to prevent problems, reporting and escalating issues where necessary
- Identify and take forward improvement opportunities and contribute to the overall service improvement plan
In years 1 and 2 as you learn and develop in the role you will be expected to take an active role in our IT Transformation Programme and provide support in:
- Maintenance processes and troubleshooting using digital tools and techniques
- Recording, analysing and presenting data
- Problem solving and managing workflow
- Cabling and connectivity
- The architecture of computer systems
- Coding and logic
- Communicating with our customers
What you’ll need:
- General understanding of ICT through study or experience and good technical skills such as the ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Passion and enthusiasm for new technology with a pro-active, self-motivated and positive attitude
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Willingness to help out and perform other roles where required to achieve the team objective; able to work independently or with others in the team
To be eligible to apply you must have:
- Minimum age: 18
- Candidates will have achieved grade C or above in at least 5 GCSEs including English, Mathematics and a Science or Technology subject.
Apprentices will achieve:
- Infrastructure Technician Level 3
- MTA Networking Fundamentals
- MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- MTA Cloud Fundamentals
- Choice of one Microsoft MOC on Demand course
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!