Project Planning Apprenticeship at GSK
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with GSK
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare within which all our 100,000 employees share the vision of helping people do more, feel better and live longer.
Project Planning Apprenticeship
Our Project Planning higher apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to play a key role in planning and delivering a wide range of projects in support of our business strategy.
The successful planning and execution of projects is a critical part of helping our business to grow and meet our customers’ needs. As a Project Planning apprentice, you will gain a strong understanding of the skills and knowledge involved in planning and executing high quality projects.
You will be part of a team which is responsible for launching new pharmaceutical products across the world. You will develop a rounded knowledge base to support all aspects of project planning.
Day to day activities can include:
- Using a mix of industry standard and GSK specific software, tools and processes to ensure projects are planned efficiently and safely
- Engaging with a wide range of people across the business
- Learning about how pharmaceutical products are made
- Developing and maintaining project plans
- Tracking project delivery against milestones and resource reporting
- Collating timesheets and charging time accordingly to projects
- Spend tracking and reporting
- Collating and reporting metrics for the site
Key to these activities are the use of programmes such as Excel, MS Access and other Microsoft Office applications.
What does this apprenticeship offer me?
The Project Planning higher apprenticeship is a three-year programme based at our Barnard Castle manufacturing site. You will study towards a Level 4 qualification.
The qualification includes a mix of examinations and competency based coursework. For this you will be supported by a qualified assessor from the training provider, and you will attend workshops and webinars to build the skills and knowledge you will need throughout your apprenticeship, as well as your future career.
During the apprenticeship you will gain knowledge, skills and experience of all stages of project management including project scope & planning, risk & cost management and project implementation.
We’re looking for a Project Planning apprentice who is a logical thinker with an enquiring mind and looking to work as part of a team.
To be eligible for our Project Planning higher apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- A minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above including English language (not literature) and maths
- Must have or be predicted 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (not including General studies)
- This apprenticeship is based in based in our Barnard Castle site.
- Apprenticeships start in September 2018.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from GSK
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork and design apprentice is great, the opportunities that...