Pharmaceutical Technical Apprenticeship at GSK
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with GSK
Pharmaceutical Technical Apprenticeships at GSK
Making sure our products, processes and equipment are fit for purpose is an essential role in our business. This latest apprenticeship from GSK provides technical capabilities in the manufacture, support and troubleshooting of new and existing drug products produced at our pharmaceutical production sites.
You will develop, execute and complete technical projects, resolve drug product related production and laboratory issues and look to continuously improve existing processes all of which are important steps in the supply chain, demonstrating that we are actively improving the quality of our customers’ lives by consistently delivering products of the highest possible quality.
What does a Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship involve?
The three-year Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship will provide you with the opportunity to gain knowledge about quality, engineering and manufacturing in the pharmaceutical industry. Through a series of on-site job rotations you will:
- gain an understanding of a broad range of pharmaceutical equipment and processes as well as an understanding of their potential impact on product, quality and patient safety
- gain an understanding of how to validate the processes and equipment to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Develop an understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and their application within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
You can expect to work both individually (when appropriately trained) and as part of a team - taking responsibility for the quality, safety and accuracy of the work you undertake.
You will be aligned to one of our manufacturing sites, combining on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role might involve:
- being part of a team introducing new equipment or processes
- writing technical reports and protocols for new equipment or processes
- running project meetings
- finding the root cause of problems
- identifying areas for improvement
- ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
What does this apprenticeship offer me?
Our Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship programme offers you the chance to study towards a foundation degree while gaining valuable, paid work experience.
In this Higher apprenticeship programme you will work towards a foundation degree in Applied Chemical Science, through a combination of distance learning and college attendance.
And if you show the qualities we are looking for, you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for a full degree.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship programme, you will need the following:
- A minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above, including at least a B in Maths and Science and a C in English language (not literature).
- You must have or be expected to achieve 200 UCAS points or 80 in the 2017 tariff from your top three A-levels. Your A-Levels must include Chemistry.
- Five Scottish standard grades including a 2 (credit) or above in Maths, a 3 (general) or above in English, a Science subject.
- You must have or be expected to achieve the equivalent of 200 UCAS points or 80 in the 2017 tariff from Scottish Highers. Your Highers must include Chemistry.
What our apprentices say about the Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship...
“Since I started as a Pharma Tech apprentice I have enjoyed looking into all of the different roles that GSK offer to people, and gaining a greater understanding of how the site runs on a day to day basis.”
When can I start?
Our apprentices start September 2018.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from GSK
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork and design apprentice is great, the opportunities that...