Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax, and related services to select clients. Our vision is to make a positive impact on the reputation and success of our clients, the economy and the wider society. It’s a vision that has spanned our 160-year history.
Today, we create unrivalled opportunities for our people to build successful careers that meet their aspirations as well as deliver for our clients. We nurture the talent of the future – volunteering in schools and mentoring promising entrepreneurs, and helping grow business leaders who can have a wide impact on our economy and society.
We advise our clients on their controls and accounting systems, reassuring them that they’re going about their business in the most efficient and compliant way. We really get to know them, their industry, and the issues they face, to help them solve complex problems and take preventative action. This kind of advice takes specialist skills and industry expertise. Which is what you’ll develop if you join us.
Technology Consulting - Higher Apprenticeship
Today, business is technology. Which is why our tech experts work across every area of ours. We have a dedicated team in each of our service areas, who focus purely on innovating for better business. Think leading edge. Whether it’s the technical aspects, the business and design or the commercial opportunities of technology that excite you, your expertise is in demand.
From our strategists to our developers to our digital transformation experts, we’re here to solve our clients’ most critical technology challenges. To advise, protect, create, investigate, transform and deliver. In other words: we help make business possible.
There are six areas of Technology Consulting in which you can join as a BrightStart apprentice:
Analytics and Information Management (AIM): is the core of our Consulting Analytics capability, helping derive value from the information available in their organisations to measure performance, drive profitability and meet regulatory requirements. You will develop the vital technical skills which can include (though is not limited to) coding, algorithm development, information architecture design, advanced statistical analysis, and systems configuration.
- Advisory roles generally go down the Consulting Pathway: directly supporting clients across multiple industries and roles, such as developing market-leading analytics solutions and defining architectures, processes and tools to improve the way clients manage their information. This role will test and develop interpersonal skills and provide the Analyst with experience of the end-to-end process of a technology project, from definition, through development and on to User Acceptance Testing.
- Technical roles generally go down three pathways:
- Consulting Pathway: focusing on designing, developing and delivering intelligent solutions to turn our client’s data into visual displays and actionable insights that support their decision making and add value to the business.
- Enterprise Performance Management Solutions Pathway: focusing on delivering solutions that allow our clients to measure and drive business performance, especially financial, using platforms such as Oracle, SAP and IBM.
- Information Management Solutions Pathway: focusing on designing, developing and delivering systems that support the collection, integration and quality of data across the enterprise.
Deloitte Digital: is an innovative leader in online and mobile strategy, design and development, offering world-class knowledge and resources from the leading global business and technology consultancy. Our focus is on the areas of digital strategy, mobile, social/web, content management and managed services, underpinned by digital tech architecture, application implementation and development expertise. We approach our work with great energy and passion as we align our client's business aspirations to the goals of the end user.
Enterprise Applications: you will work with the biggest clients to help them develop their strategic vision for their mission critical apps that run their day to day business operations. Implement the latest cutting edge technologies that are changing the way we work, undoubtedly for the better. You will be part of a team that continues to challenge itself to provide innovative solutions for our clients including helping them to move to new cloud technology and developing new ways for our clients to engage with their customers.
FS-Applications: we support our clients' operations by translating their strategic visions and business requirements into effective processes and supporting applications that integrate across the organisation. You will get to deliver a variety of engagements ranging from strategic design, advisory and business readiness work, to business application implementation. All of this leverages our unique skill sets within Technology that combine industry knowledge, package understanding and implementation expertise.
Systems Integration: you will help clients develop, deliver and test complex technology programmes, from new Digital platforms or enterprise applications through to complete IT infrastructure transformations. You will also have an opportunity to work with all areas of Deloitte Consulting to deliver outstanding programmes that set Deloitte apart in the System Integration and Technical Programme Management markets.
Technology Strategy & Architecture: our people sit at the heart of many of the most exciting technology projects in the UK and abroad. We advise CIOs on their IT strategy and how to maximise the value, efficiency and effectiveness of their IT environment and IT function in delivering the needs of its business customers. Providing deep industry insight, you will work with clients to bridge business and technology in defining strategy and shaping and delivering transformational change programmes.
Your Professional Experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
- Aiding innovation through research and application of solutions for clients
- Supporting resolution of business problems, or helping clients to grow their business by using technology
- Supporting reviews of current client projects and identifying issues and areas of opportunity
- Gathering requirements for technical specifications or design
- Learning and applying core project management skills to work for our clients
- Working closely with colleagues and clients to identify improvements or risks for the project
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Digital Fluency: Ability to embrace, evaluate and pioneer digital concepts and languages
- Design Thinking: Ability to integrate customer needs, technical possibilities and business requirements to solve complex problems
- Technical Domain Expertise: Ability to learn expertise in a technical domain to enable client’s strategic agenda
- Analyses the External Environment: Ability to analyse trends and technologies and apply insights to assess the impact and value on the business
- Delivery Excellence: Ability to team with others to produce a high quality work product to ensure a superior client experience
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: Ability to collect, assimilate and analyse relevant data and use standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions
- Financial Acumen: Ability to apply basic financial concepts to client and Deloitte business models
- Executive Presence: Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude and adapt to changing priorities to instil confidence in team
- Logical Structuring: Ability to use and apply frameworks to organize concepts, identify gaps, and communicate ideas clearly
- Global Mind-set: Ability to value and consider the diverse perspectives and backgrounds of colleagues and clients
- Business-Technology Acumen: Ability to apply technology fundamentals to client situations
- Access the Organization: Ability to find and leverage a diverse set of resources and share findings with others
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Deloitte
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5)
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5)