Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax, and related services to select clients. Our vision is to make a positive impact on the reputation and success of our clients, the economy and the wider society. It’s a vision that has spanned our 160-year history.
Today, we create unrivalled opportunities for our people to build successful careers that meet their aspirations as well as deliver for our clients. We nurture the talent of the future – volunteering in schools and mentoring promising entrepreneurs, and helping grow business leaders who can have a wide impact on our economy and society.
We advise our clients on their controls and accounting systems, reassuring them that they’re going about their business in the most efficient and compliant way. We really get to know them, their industry, and the issues they face, to help them solve complex problems and take preventative action. This kind of advice takes specialist skills and industry expertise. Which is what you’ll develop if you join us.
Audit & Assurance Apprenticeship
The business and regulatory world is becoming more complex. Which means our approach is evolving, we must innovate to meet the needs of our clients. Analytics, automation, cognitive technology: we’re using them all to deliver higher quality audits. So we can focus on areas of higher risk and provide business insight for all kinds of clients. You’ll become an expert on how markets, people and businesses work. You will help improve the quality of their control environment, reduce the risk of error and fraud; improve efficiency and productivity; and better understand the long term risks, such as industry and regulatory trends.
Each of our four Audit & Assurance businesses offers fascinating engagements, inspirational colleagues, and every opportunity to explore, develop and grow. The difference is in the type of clients you’ll work with.
- Private Markets: Want to work with some of the most dynamic, fastest growing clients, both as auditor but also supporting them on assurance projects? Private Markets provides a unique opportunity to get involved in such a wide range of activities; from taking a ‘star of tomorrow’ start-up through their first audit, through getting to know the nuances of a private equity-owned businesses, all the way to getting under the skin of some of the largest and most influential privately owned companies in the country. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with owners throughout their business life-cycle.
- FTSE: Imagine working with the most recognisable names, those publicly listed companies on the London Stock Exchange that are leading the business agenda here in the UK. Not only will you support your client year round, but connect with their senior teams and build strong relationships. In FTSE timing is everything as results have to be published to strict deadlines. We seek to drive higher standards of governance and transparency. Our vision? To make a positive impact on the reputation and success of our clients, the economy and the wider society.
- International: Covering multiple time zones and working closely with colleagues across the world are all part of life within our International business. You’ll work with a diverse mix of foreign-owned public companies, including major global brands, who all have an international element to their business. Working on controls based audits will allow you to develop relationships with clients far beyond the main finance team. This is complex, intellectually challenging work that offers the opportunity to build senior level, global networks.
- Financial Services: Want to develop your skills with a broad range of businesses and potentially train as a specialist? In our Financial Services business you’ll be providing auditing or assurance services for every kind of public and private financial services organisation, from entrepreneurial start-ups to the world’s largest global banks, insurance companies and asset managers. Over time, you will develop expertise in areas such as, valuation and accounting for complex financial instruments financial services regulation and internal audit.
Your Professional Experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology and centres of excellence take care of the standardised tasks
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
Audit & Assurance Management Standards
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Focus on the stakeholder: we do not deliver processes but solutions designed around our clients
- Be an expert in risk assessments and audit responses: we continuously and dynamically gather, update and analyse information throughout the audit, performing all the necessary risk assessment procedures
- Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work: as auditors we have a responsibility to understand the scope of work performed by the experts and specialists, supervise their procedures, review their working papers and understand the conclusions they reach
- Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology: we deliver high quality audits via a number of enablers (i.e. our Global Audit & Assurance imperatives, our professional excellence, the constant professional development in the use of our innovative methodologies)
- Manage project plans to optimise engagements: Developing and managing a change and project plan is critical to executing high quality audits
- Formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs: this is not just about operations, but about being capable of making reasonable judgements, to make an impact that matters to our clients
- Apply Ethical and Professional Standards: Compliance with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations (including specific local laws and regulations), ethical standards, independence requirements and the audit firm's quality control procedures
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Deloitte
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5)
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5)