Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax, and related services to select clients. Our vision is to make a positive impact on the reputation and success of our clients, the economy and the wider society. It’s a vision that has spanned our 160-year history.
Today, we create unrivalled opportunities for our people to build successful careers that meet their aspirations as well as deliver for our clients. We nurture the talent of the future – volunteering in schools and mentoring promising entrepreneurs, and helping grow business leaders who can have a wide impact on our economy and society.
We advise our clients on their controls and accounting systems, reassuring them that they’re going about their business in the most efficient and compliant way. We really get to know them, their industry, and the issues they face, to help them solve complex problems and take preventative action. This kind of advice takes specialist skills and industry expertise. Which is what you’ll develop if you join us.
Forensic Technology Software Development - Higher Apprenticeship
Our software development team, based in St Albans, is a cutting edge practice utilising advanced technology and the latest development methodology to help solve some of our client’s most challenging issues. We put innovation right at the centre of everything we do, enabling our people to be continually challenged and always supported.
Our development team works primarily across two areas:
- Investigations: using advanced data analytics and visualisation techniques to empower investigators to understand large datasets quickly and derive as much information in as shorter period of time as possible
- Innovation: dedicated to building out larger product based offerings, using an agile SCRUM based approach to develop and release enterprise grade software products
The Forensic Technology career path sits in the Financial Advisory area of the business.
Your Professional Experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
- Leverage the power of Web Services to bring Cloud technology and Big Data solutions to our internal and external clients
- Develop web based managed services to put the power of what we do in our client’s hands
- Create solutions that empower our Forensic Investigations and Financial Crime colleagues to take innovation to market
- Work in an agile, SCRUM based team alongside some of the most talented and creative people in the industry
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: collects, assimilates, and analyses relevant data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface insights and solutions
- Delivery Excellence: manages own work against project plan to ensure a superior client experience
- Discovery: leverages technology to perform data extraction, analysis and management in regulator-driven investigations, internal reviews or legal proceedings
- Disputes: gathers and prepares data required for loss of profits and other damages assessments
- Financial Crime & Investigations: performs an independent assessment of business environment and identify internal and external risks; Gathers and analyses data in relation to patterns on misconduct or fraud, using Deloitte’s data management capabilities
- Manages Quality & Risk: complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results
- Modelling: adopts a disciplined approach to building financial models
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Deloitte
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5)
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5)