About the BBC
Be part of something special. Join the BBC.
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. Funded primarily through the television licence fee, the BBC provides audiences in the UK with high quality and distinctive services across television, radio and online. In the UK the BBC provides 10 network television services, 10 network radio services, 46 radio services in the nations and regions of the UK, plus an extensive online presence. The BBC also delivers impartial news and information to audiences around the globe through the World Service.
Business Management Higher Apprentice Scheme
- Do you often find yourself stepping up and taking the lead?
- Do you want to keep on learning through higher study, but also want practical experience?
- Can you listen, adapt and learn?
- Do you want to be a future leader?
This is an exciting opportunity to get into the world of work, earn money, and gain a business management degree at the same time.
What we’re offering:
- A BA Honours degree in Business Management and a Higher Apprenticeship in Leadership and Management
- A CV full of amazing experience through working in one of the world’s most creative and innovative media organisations
As part of the two year programme you’ll complete three work placements with the BBC, while studying towards the degree.
You'll need to be able to balance your time around working, attending college one day a week, and you'll also be expected to study at home.
Over the two years you will have the opportunity to work in three different areas of the BBC. You will learn about marketing, audiences, technology, project management, negotiation, legal and business affairs, planning and strategy, budgeting, relationships management, building partnerships and information management.
If you want to join us in September 2018 as a business apprentice you'll need to demonstrate to us that you have:
- A genuine interest in Business and a passion to develop a career in Business management within the creative industry
- A passion and enthusiasm for working at the BBC.
- A proven ability to work on own initiative and offer ideas and suggestions for improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Effective organisation and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent numeracy skills and an ability to work with spreadsheets and databases.
- A track record in taking the initiative and proactively helping to problem solve.
As this is a degree scheme we need strong academic performance. The minimum academic criteria is at least 120 UCAS points (300 if before 2017), including a Maths/ Science/ Technology A'level or equivalent qualification.
Annual Salary: £12,500 (£17,060 including London weighting)
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!