About the BBC
Be part of something special. Join the BBC.
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. Funded primarily through the television licence fee, the BBC provides audiences in the UK with high quality and distinctive services across television, radio and online. In the UK the BBC provides 10 network television services, 10 network radio services, 46 radio services in the nations and regions of the UK, plus an extensive online presence. The BBC also delivers impartial news and information to audiences around the globe through the World Service.
Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity for you if you have left formal education with A Levels or an equivalent qualification, and is perfect if you have a passion for coding, building websites and software development.
Our four-year degree apprenticeship enables you to experience different areas of BBC Design & Engineering, working on any of our dynamic products and services. As well as studying for a full bachelor’s degree in Digital and Technology Solutions you will also become experienced in many different languages and methodologies, getting the opportunity to work on a variety of platforms, from an iOS app to developing scalable code on Amazon Web Services. You will also receive lots of relevant training from our award-winning in-house training facility and will be learning from some of the industry’s best senior developers and product specialists in a positive, friendly environment.
Our Degree Apprenticeship is a unique way to join the exciting world of BBC Design & Engineering.
We will provide you with the best possible technical skills and knowledge to really benefit from this fantastic opportunity.
At the end of the scheme you will have achieved:
- A full bachelor’s degree in Digital and Technology Solutions
- Valuable work experience to help you get started in your software engineering career
You will also be able to apply for a full time role with us, and we have had fantastic success with previous apprentices still working for the BBC.
- You are 18 years old or over at the start of September 2017
- You have at least five GCSEs grades A*-C, including English and Maths
- You have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to accept applications from you if you require a work permit
- You have Level 3 qualifications, such as A levels or a BTEC National (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (e.g. maths or another science)
- You can demonstrate a passion and interest in coding, building websites and software development
Annual Salary: £12,500 (£17,015 including London weighting)
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!