About Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
Based at our state of the art Research and Development Centre in Northamptonshire, we are responsible for the design, manufacture, testing and racing of the Triple World-Championship winning Formula 1 hybrid Power Units used by the Mercedes AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 team. We are also proud to supply Power Units to the Force India and Williams Martini Racing teams. In addition to this, we are leading the transfer of state-of-the-art Formula 1 technology into the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One”.
CNC Machinist Advanced Apprenticeship Programme
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 3 year, award winning Advanced Apprenticeship Programme, which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story.
As an Apprentice CNC Machinist you will learn to use the latest cutting edge machinery to manufacture low-volume, bespoke, precision components within a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining extremely high quality standards, ensuring we are in the best possible position to continue winning F1 World Championships.
As a team we pride ourselves on sharing knowledge and will support you with a tailored 3 year development plan, designed to provide exposure to the breadth of engineering within F1, all whilst being supported by our mentoring program. We are also pleased to have been awarded the 2017 Advanced Apprenticeship Provider by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work and learn at the same time to achieve your Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering and an HNC in Engineering (IMECHE accredited). By the end of your apprenticeship you will have developed the knowledge and skills to:
- Produce the required volume of components within the required timescales to the required quality standards, making use of CAD/CAM systems and drawings as appropriate
- Set, operate and program CNC machines
- Operate the relevant inspection equipment to ensure the components are produced to the required quality standards
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Quality, Engineering) to ensure the development of the product is optimised
- Adhere to, create and maintain standard operating procedures for machine processes and other operations
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities.
Our benefits package includes;
- A Competitive Salary
- Performance bonus
- Podium bonus based on F1 results
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- Tenacious, curious and driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment
- For you to have completed (or be expecting to achieve by September 2018) a Level 3 (QCF) engineering course. We are looking for good grades (typically merits or distinctions) in a BTEC or equivalent diploma
- For you to have achieved 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above to include; Maths, English Language and Science
- You will need to have practical experience of machining, including an understanding of machining principles
- The ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, accountability, and initiative, along with taking a pride in the quality of work you produce
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
- Complete online application form and CV
- Hiring manager review
- Assessment Centre’s will commence February 2018
Remember when completing your application, think carefully about the relevant skills you can bring to the role from your academic career, work experience or extracurricular activities. We want to find out about you and what you are passionate about.
Use plain English and make sure you give full details of your modules, your input into all relevant projects and work experience. We will want to see what your strengths are, what you’ve done and how this fulfils what we are looking for.
Please note, you must select your course code on during the application process, this must be recognised by our external apprenticeship framework provider to make you eligible for the role you apply for. Please check with your school, or college, if you are unsure of your QAN course code before completing your application form.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!