Apprentice Building Surveyor at Avison Young
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Avison Young
About GVA UK
Who are we? We’re a trusted advisor to the real estate industry. As one of the UK’s leading companies in this industry, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with a range of services to support a project from start to finish. Our rich heritage gives us the edge when it comes to understanding this ever-changing market.
GVA’s Building Consultancy team is one of the largest teams of its kind in the UK. Building Consultancy provide professional advice and solutions to a large range of clients. The seamless integration of our skills and processes deliver an unrivalled commitment to the success of our client’s projects.
GVA’s main business is to provide multi-disciplinary consultancy advice within the property industry. Building Consultancy is a significant entity within the company as a whole and provides property advice to external clients as well as providing advice to other departments within the firm.
We know that going straight into the working world after college is a big decision. That’s why we promise to support you through a two-year apprenticeship programme where you will study towards becoming a fully qualified surveying or planning technician. This is an opportunity to take on real responsibility for day one. All that we ask is that you have a genuine interest in property. If you have that, we can teach you the technical stuff.
Apprentice Building Surveyor
You will be involved in a range of challenging projects from initial client briefing and inspections through to project design, report writing and site supervision. In joining the Building Consultancy team, you will enjoy a high quality and diverse range of instructions, supervised by highly qualified and experienced professionals, together with exposure to our public sector and blue-chip client base.
Responsibilities in your role will include:
- Contract administration / project management of construction projects
- Design work and specification writing for construction projects
- Preparation of budget costs / cash flow forecasts for construction projects
- Feasibility studies
- Defect analysis / specification of repair work
- Inspections (Building Surveys, Schedules of Condition, Schedules of Dilapidations)
- Report writing
- Reinstatement Cost Assessments (insurance assessments)
- Committed to completing the level 6 degree apprenticeship
- Resilient and adaptable
- Commercially aware with knowledge of GVA
- Driven and motivated
- Articulate and confident
- Professional and persuasive
- Working knowledge of all I.T Office packages
- Confident networker
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Good problem-solver
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive on following up potential leads
We look for students in their final year of sixth form who are expected to achieve a minimum of 112 UCAS points. We consider all A-level backgrounds, however you must be able to demonstrate a passion for and commitment to the Real Estate industry.
- You are only allowed to make one application, therefore please ensure you apply for the vacancy you are most interested in.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for your application to be reviewed
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.