Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Risk Apprenticeship Scheme
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its Risk Department.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards achieving the Level 3 Compliance/Risk Officer Apprenticeship which will include a professional qualification. This opportunity will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by interacting with people across the business at all levels, receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
This programme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college and is not a graduate programme. The Apprenticeships that we offer are permanent roles, however you must achieve your objectives and complete your qualification during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
Financial Risk & Governance
The Risk Department at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join its Financial Risk and Governance Team. The primary responsibility of the role will be to provide administrative support to the Team’s Risk Analysts – such as preparation of meeting materials, and ad-hoc requests. The Apprentice will also provide ad-hoc administrative support to the Regulatory Finance Team (who sit in the Finance Department) and to the Operational Risk Team, as required. The scheme will give successful candidates a very hand on and practical introduction to risk management and its importance within M&G, while providing early exposure to a range of challenging business experiences.
The role is split between satisfying ad-hoc requests and the following regular tasks:
- Provide assistance on the organisation of meetings.
- Support the Risk and Finance Analysts in the preparation of meeting materials.
- Attend meetings and take minutes/note actions.
- Support the tracking of actions from key meetings by liaising with key stakeholders.
- Help maintain the team’s records to assist with audits and regulatory visits.
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points, or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from M&G Investments
M&G School Leaver Success, Jason Gish, says... “Given that most of my peers were going to university, leaving school at 18...