Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Operating in over 75 countries, the firm draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with over 140 partners and 1750 staff serving clients from 19 offices.
Mazars is a positively different firm. Differentiated by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business, we are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage. We are proud of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
Trainee Accountant School Leaver
As a Trainee Accountant you will be supporting the Accounting and Outsourcing Services Team on the delivery of statutory accounts, management accounts and VAT return preparation to a wide range of clients.
Your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
As a Trainee Accountant your typical daily duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation of year end statutory financial statements for incorporated entities and year end accounts for unincorporated entities;
- Assist in the iXBRL (Business Reporting Language) tagging of year end statutory financial statements;
- Maintaining accounting records;
- Assist with preparing management accounts for clients;
- Assist with preparation of HMRC VAT returns;
- Utilise accounting software e.g. Sage Line 50 and Caseware;
- Communicate with the team on any issues or findings;
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience;
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars;
- Attend client social activities and building client relationships;
- Attend all training courses as required.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Produces accurate and timely work;
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
- Should be studying towards A Levels, Scottish Highers, AAT or equivalent.
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
Training Contract & Study Support
We will fund for you to study towards the AAT qualification, followed by the ACCA.
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!