Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its Investment Administration team.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications (including Investment Operations Certificate); develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the IOC during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
The Investment Administration department at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join its Derivative Operations team. This is working within a small dedicated team responsible for all post execution activities for Over the Counter (OTC) products. OTC Derivatives are contracts that are traded directly between two parties, without going through an exchange or other intermediary.
The key responsibilities for this role are the processing, settlement and ongoing operational management of OTC Derivative transactions on behalf of a variety of clients. The role is extremely varied and will provide excellent exposure to a number of key stakeholders across M&G. Good communication skills and attention to detail is a prerequisite as there is a high level of contact with banks and a number of trading desks. You will be fully responsible for the tasks throughout the month and so will need to be self-disciplined and organised to be successful. The scheme will give successful candidates a very hands on and practical introduction to Derivative Operations and Investment Administration as a whole.
- Confirmation of cash settlements with Counterparties.
- Confirming all Derivatives trades with external Banks.
- Input of OTC trades into Life Cycle Management system.
- Reconcile Derivatives Positions with Broker statements.
- Ensure that all trading has met all Regulatory obligations
- Learn about other areas of the team to be able to provide cover during absences
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points, or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
How to Apply
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from M&G Investments
M&G School Leaver Success, Jason Gish, says... “Given that most of my peers were going to university, leaving school at 18...