Finance Treasury & Banking Apprenticeship at M&G
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with M&G
Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Finance Treasury & Banking Apprenticeship
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? The Treasury & Banking Team within the Finance department are looking for a school leaver to join our Apprenticeship scheme in our Chelmsford office. The Apprentice will support the team and will give a practical introduction to the finance function of an investment firm, while providing early exposure to a range of challenging business experiences. The scheme is designed to kick start individuals careers within the Financial Services industry by providing insight and understanding of our business. We are looking for motivated individuals who will work hard to develop their career within M&G.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship, you will work towards an Apprenticeship which will involve building skills, knowledge and behaviours required for the job, as well as a relevant technical qualification. The Level 3 Assistant Accountant (including AAT qualification) or Level 4 Professional Accounting (including CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting) are 2 options available for this role. This opportunity will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the examinations required during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
- Completion of daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintenance of accurate accounting records
- Adherence to client money rules through monitoring and reconciliation of client money accounts
- Cash balance monitoring and reporting in accordance with internal policies
- Management of foreign currency balances
- Collation and input of electronic bank transfers through the relevant banking systems
- Administration of new bank account set-ups
- Maintain signatories and mandates of existing bank accounts
- Project participation and ad-hoc departmental tasks
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 240 UCAS points (96 2017 UCAS points), or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A professional and efficient approach
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Build good relationships internally and externally
- Solid grasp of both written and spoken English
- A proactive team player who is confident about working independently
- Numerate, logical and analytical approach.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- Keen to learn and an interest in progressing accounting qualification
How to apply
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 240 UCAS points (96 2017 UCAS points); demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.