About M&G Investments
Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Financial Reporting Apprenticeship
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? The Financial Reporting team at M&G is looking for an apprentice to assist with the provision of finance support to the Finance Income team.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications (including Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) qualification); develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the examinations required during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
- Assist with accounting for all income transactions.
- Review of all income in the accounting general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Help provide analysis on key movements between actuals, budget, and forecast changes.
- Gain an understanding of the various income streams within M&G across all business units.
- Ensure all processes are documented.
- Work alongside the Commercial Finance Analysts.
- Ensure new funds are correctly accounted for and that the team has a good working knowledge of these.
- Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly Group New Business reporting
- Assist the Finance Income Team with ad hoc analysis requests.
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 240 UCAS points (96 2017 UCAS points), or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- An interest in and ability to use new systems (Hyperion & Smartview analysis tool)
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- Willingness to learn and problem solve
- Ability to work in a team or individually, as required
- Professional attitude
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
How to Apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 240 UCAS points (96 2017 UCAS points); demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from M&G Investments
M&G School Leaver Success, Jason Gish, says... “Given that most of my peers were going to university, leaving school at 18...