About the Home Office
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity working on the front line in public services as part of the Home Office. You will receive on-the-job training to help you carry out the same duties as a permanent employee. In addition, you will work towards industry-recognised qualifications for which you will be given time away from your daily duties to complete the learning.
Apprenticeship at the Home Office - Operational Delivery Profession
This apprenticeship offers you a fantastic opportunity to learn, earn and develop your skills in a range of exciting environments. We have one of the most challenging and fundamentally important jobs in Government: to keep Britain’s streets safe and its borders secure, with a tangible impact on the lives of millions of people.
A Mobile Apprenticeship means that you will have a base location and team who will support you to develop your operational delivery skills. You will also be part of a mobile team ready to be deployed to work in any of our locations across the UK or in Northern France; this could be for as little as a week or for multiple weeks at a time.
This apprenticeship gives you the chance to work across operational delivery taking responsibility for lots of different tasks, such as:
- Interviewing people and establishing their ID;
- Working with Intelligence and assessing information;
- Liaising with the Police and other partners;
- Reviewing information and making initial decisions;
- Working with the public, answering queries, resolving problems and complaints;
- Working flexibly, supporting operational colleagues across a range of roles;
- Providing effective customer care;
- Building your knowledge of Government – legislation, policy, procedure & security guidelines.
In this apprenticeship you will gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst developing a wide range of skills and experience that will prepare you for a career both inside and outside the Civil Service;
Please make sure you visit our website before you apply. As a summary you will need to consider if you meet the following criteria:
- I am a UK National (typically a British Citizen)
- I hold a full valid passport (typically a British Passport)
- I am at least 18 years old at the time of application (24th July 2017)
- I have GCSE Maths AND English Language Grades A-D (or equivalent such as O’ Levels or Scottish Standards)
- I am flexible and happy to work away from my base location.
We don’t expect you to be ‘job ready’ on day 1 as you will receive structured support and training to gradually increase your skills and responsibilities in your role. You may have many years’ experience behind you or this could be your first job. This apprenticeship provides you with a great opportunity to develop and learn many new skills; we just want to know that that there is a good fit between you and the Home Office.
- Central London
- Central London, Croydon and Heathrow £18,000
- Gatwick, Manchester, Portsmouth and Sheffield £15,000
- Plus a fantastic benefits package and allowances
18 month fixed-term appointment
We are looking for full-time staff for 37 hours per week which could include weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays, early starts and late finishes and shift patterns.
The Home Office will not discriminate on grounds of age, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, those with caring responsibilities, part time workers or any other factor irrelevant to a person's work.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!