About the Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy
The Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy combines practical (on-the-job) learning with formal, theoretical and knowledge-based learning that is delivered directly by NHS experts. 93% of the NHS’ apprentices go on to gain permanent employment after they have completed their apprenticeship.
Administration Apprentice (Capacity Team)
Want to kick start your career in the NHS? Then why not apply for this role. You will be working alongside the Integrated Health & Social Care Team in a fast paced environment. You will be providing a vital administrative service including updating patient information and being a first point of contact for queries.
The apprentice will be required:
- To achieve an apprentice standard (Key Skills, Certificate/Diploma and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame.
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary.
- Undertake any necessary home work during the length of the course.
- To assist the department in the provision of the broad range of services provided, working under the supervision of the department staff.
- An Apprentice is expected to expand and broaden their skills and abilities. Nonetheless, they must operate at all times under the direct supervision of a senior member of staff, unless operating according to agreed procedures that have been approved by the department.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Whilst in the development role the apprentice will work towards the following:
- To provide a comprehensive administration service to the Integrated Health & Social Care team and to undertake general clerical duties which include, but are not limited to, opening and distribution of mail, scanning, minutes of meeting and photocopying.
- To accurately look up, input and/or update client information on to the related health and/or social services computerised system(s). Examples include, but are not limited to, CareFirst, Clinical Web Portal and NHS Patient Administration Systems (PAS).
- To provide an efficient and effective reception service, taking and relaying messages as required and dealing with enquiries within the scope as a clerical officer. This will include, but is not limited to, processing client referrals quickly and accurately and where applicable sending to related care agencies.
- To provide a ‘first point of contact’ for telephone, electronic and in person queries from patients, relative, general public and staff (not an exhaustive list). This will include dealing with enquires with tact and diplomacy as some of this information may be complex or sensitive in nature.
- Ensure that the presented information is “correct” and if not, be able to demonstrate a level of initiative in taking the appropriate action which includes, but is not limited to, seeking advice or guidance and/or reference to the related standard operating procedure(s).
- To manage workload with supervision and also using own initiative in accordance with policy and/or standard operating procedures
- To ensure that information is stored, recorded and processed in a lawful way in line with Data Protection and/or organisational specific guidance i.e. encrypted emails.
- To be aware of and adhere to all Trust and local policies and procedures appropriate to the post
- To actively contribute to the development and adherence of new standard operating procedures and processes
- To participate in the annual appraisal process.
- To attend all Trust mandatory training courses as and when required, including those identified as part of the annual appraisal process or as a personal development need.
- Where appropriate, contribute to the induction and training of new or less experienced staff
- To be aware of and comply with Health & Safety, Fire Regulations and report accidents, untoward incidents and/or hazards to the Office Manager
- To undertake any tasks relevant to the work of clerical officer which develop as a special requirement of the directorate/department
- To participate in a seven-day working rota
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!