About the Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy
The Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy combines practical (on-the-job) learning with formal, theoretical and knowledge-based learning that is delivered directly by NHS experts. 93% of the NHS’ apprentices go on to gain permanent employment after they have completed their apprenticeship.
Business Administration Apprentice
As a member of the Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust team, you will assist in the day-to-day operational work of the team in which you are placed. This will involve liaising with members of staff across the team, locality and organisation, external organisations as required and members of the public. To gain knowledge of the functions within your immediate team and the wider Trust. To be responsible for supporting a range of administration functions.
- To deal with telephone enquiries ensuring all messages are passed to staff in a timely manner.
- To maintain up to date filing systems both manual and computerised.
- To deal with all incoming/outgoing post, ensuring it is dealt with in a timely manner.
- Maintain electronic diaries/calendars for other members of staff.
- Booking rooms/venues as required.
- Use of general office equipment e.g. photocopier, fax, shredder.
- Data inputting e.g. spreadsheets, databases, PowerPoint, etc.
- Take notes for staff meetings as required.
- To communicate with other members of staff, colleagues and service users across the Trust relevant to the role e.g. verbal, electronically, telephone etc.
- Use IT systems to produce e-mails, letters, documents, reports and presentations.
- To participate in appropriate study and personal development opportunities.
- To comply with both the Trust and departmental policies and procedures.
- There may also be a requirement to undertake other similar duties as part of this post in order to provide a quality service. These will be consistent with the level of responsibilities outlined above.
- This job description may be reviewed from time to time in light of developments and may be amended in consultation with the post holder.
The Trust provides services from three sites. You may be expected to work at any of the Trust locations. This post will be based at Russell Hall Hospital.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!