Patient Experience And Support Admin & Clerical Apprentice at NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy
About the Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy
The Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy combines practical (on-the-job) learning with formal, theoretical and knowledge-based learning that is delivered directly by NHS experts. 93% of the NHS’ apprentices go on to gain permanent employment after they have completed their apprenticeship.
Patient Experience And Support Admin & Clerical Apprentice
To support delivery of the NHS Friends and family Test and the provision of the PALS advice service at Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust, as directed by the Patient Experience Services Manager. This will include the following tasks for which full training and supervision will be provided:
- To offer appropriate guidance and support to those accessing the PALS and complaints service. To provide information about local services, including voluntary and statutory agencies and provide links to services where appropriate
- To ensure that the Friends and Family Test is inclusive and embedded across divisions and drive forward continuous improvements
- To provide administrative support around the complaints process, recording all PALS and Complaints onto the Datix system
- To be a front facing reception based member of the team in the Patient Information Centre, meeting and greeting patients, relatives, carers, volunteers or members of the general public and staff with professionalism and courtesy.
- To refer more complex queries or concerns on to the relevant staff in the patient experience team.
- To support Patient Experience Team to analyse Friends and Family Test and PALS data using Microsoft Excel.
- Print Friends and Family Test postcards where appropriate for Wards and Departments, ensuring an adequate supply is always maintained.
- Collect completed cards from all Wards and Departments on a weekly basis.
- Following training, provide analysis of these to highlight areas of good practice and identify areas for improvement
- Use Envoy Software to produce Word Clouds, illustrating patient comments by ward/department
- Provide regular updates on Friends and Family Test response rates
- In response to identified sub-optimal response rates, target problem areas by visiting wards/departments to collect face-to-face patient feedback using Cards and I-pads
To provide support for the Trust’s overall Patient Experience agenda by assisting with the following:
- Facilitating patient listening engagement events
- Collecting patient stories, following training and with supervision
- Providing admin support (taking minutes of meetings, producing posters, leaflets and other information, post collection and allocation) for Patient Experience Events
If you would like the opportunity to gain experience and insight into working within an NHS team we currently have a vacancy for an Apprentice Administration and Clerical Assistant (Patient Experience and Support). The role provides an efficient and effective clerical and administrative support service to the Corporate Directorate. The post holder will develop skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects of business administration and customer service via on the job training and formal training sessions to establish knowledge and understanding.
The apprentice will need to attend regular meetings with their line manager, assessor and attend all Trust, local and external training sessions which enable the Apprenticeship Certificate in Business Administration. This qualification consists of:
- QCF Diploma Level 2 in Business Administration
- On-the-job training
- Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!