Human Resources Administration Apprentice – Wolverhampton at NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy
About the Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy
The Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy combines practical (on-the-job) learning with formal, theoretical and knowledge-based learning that is delivered directly by NHS experts. 93% of the NHS’ apprentices go on to gain permanent employment after they have completed their apprenticeship.
Human Resources Administration Apprentice – Wolverhampton
Join the NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy as a HR Administration Apprentice, in this role you’ll be required to:
- To achieve an apprentice standard (Functional Skills, Certificate/Diploma and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame. Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary. Undertake any necessary home work during the length of the course
- To assist the department in the provision of the broad range of services provided, working under the supervision of the department staff
- To undertake clerical, secretarial and word processing duties and provide a comprehensive service to the staff of the Human Resources Department to work as part of a team to provide support to other sections within the department as necessary
- To expand and broaden their skills and abilities. Nonetheless, they must operate at all times under the direct supervision of a senior member of staff, unless operating according to agreed procedures that have been approved by the department
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Whilst in the development role, you’ll work towards the following:
- To operate at all times within the local Standard Operating Procedures relevant to the area of work.
- To provide administrative support (such as filing, scanning, typing, data input, photocopying, booking rooms, ordering stationary, saving documents as instructed) as directed by the senior member of staff.
- To receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing post.
- To support the HR Secretary with collating staff survey data.
- To provide support with the shredding of confidential paper waste as directed by a senior member of the team.
- To assist and/or deal with (as appropriate) enquiries and information requests via face to face, telephone and email by way of message taking, conveying messages verbally and/or transferring calls, checking individual calendars as necessary, whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- To check the shared inboxes for work streams and respond to any general enquiries using the standard emails, or escalate to a member of the team as appropriate.
- To respond to all emails, correspondence and telephone calls and liaise with other departments within the Trust in a friendly and professional manner, when assigned to that task.
- To provide administrative support to meetings including preparing agendas and taking accurate minutes at relevant meetings.
- To provide administrational duties in a professional, polite and timely manner with attention to providing customer care of the highest standard.
- To input, retrieve and update information and records using the departmental and Trust computer systems, as required.
- Assist the administration team with greeting visitors to the department and notify the appropriate member of staff
- To ensure that security in the work environment is maintained, locking doors and windows, challenging unknown persons who enter the work area and by wearing the Trust identity badge at all times whilst at work.
- To undertake statutory and mandatory training as required in accordance with Trust’s policies and procedures.
- To maintain at all times the rules relating to patient confidentiality.
- Assisting in maintenance of a clean, tidy, organised and appropriately stocked environment.
- Become familiar with and complying with all health and safety regulations, Trust policies and procedures and incident reporting.
- Any other duty, requested by senior managers, as deemed appropriate and relevant to the role.
- Any other adhoc duties as and when required in line with service needs and commensurate within this training position.
- Provide support on audiotyping.
- ovide support with arranging meetings and disciplinary hearings.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.