Healthcare Assistant Apprentice – Fracture Clinic at NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy
About the Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy
The Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy combines practical (on-the-job) learning with formal, theoretical and knowledge-based learning that is delivered directly by NHS experts. 93% of the NHS’ apprentices go on to gain permanent employment after they have completed their apprenticeship.
Healthcare Assistant Apprentice – Fracture Clinic
The fracture clinic is a busy and dynamic department with approximately 200 patients attending daily with orthopaedic conditions, which range from long term conditions such as Osteoarthritis as well as patients who have more of acute/trauma injuries such as patients directly referred to us from the Emergency Department. Within the department we also have a plaster room, where we complete a variety of different casts for patients who have fractures. We also have a Nurse led clinic which runs daily where patients attend for simple and complex wound dressings. Our patient group is varied between adults and children, as we also have regular paediatric clinics weekly.
If you would like the opportunity to gain experience and insight into working within an NHS team we currently have a vacancy for a Health Care Support Assistant Apprentice. The role provides efficient and effective care support service to the orthopaedic directorate. The post holder will develop skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects of Health and Social Care via on the job training and formal training sessions to establish knowledge and understanding.
Please see the training profile for further details, but please note that the profile is intended as a summary and is not an exhaustive list.
The apprentice will need to attend regular meetings with their line manager, assessor and attend all Trust, local and external training sessions which enable the Apprenticeship Certificate in Health and Social Care. This qualification consists of:
- QCF Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- On-the-job training
- Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To achieve an apprentice standard (Key Skills, Certificate/Diploma and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any necessary home work during the length of the course
- To assist with the direct care of patients as delegated under supervision from a registered nurse/ healthcare assistant
- To provide support to the nursing team working collaboratively with members of the multi-disciplinary team and contributing positively to the delivery of high quality compassionate care
- To uphold the fundamental standards of safety and quality always putting the patients first and protecting them from harm
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!