Clinical Healthcare Assistant Apprentices – Mental Health at NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with NHS Black Country Apprenticeship Academy
About the Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy
The Black Country NHS Apprenticeship Academy combines practical (on-the-job) learning with formal, theoretical and knowledge-based learning that is delivered directly by NHS experts. 93% of the NHS’ apprentices go on to gain permanent employment after they have completed their apprenticeship.
Clinical Healthcare Assistant Apprentices – Mental Health
New opportunities exist for candidates to gain skills and experience in supporting the delivery of high quality care within our NHS Mental Health and Learning Disability In-patient units. Your learning journey will be further supported by offering you a recognised healthcare study programme aiming to consolidate your practical knowledge and theory together.
You may at present be a personal carer, a school leaver or an individual returning to work and simply seeking a new and rewarding career. We will train you to become a Healthcare Assistant Apprentice specialising in either Mental Health or Learning Disabilities.
We are seeking 14 individuals to join our service delivery. You must be able to:
- Demonstrate compassion
- Provide care with dignity and respect
- Be able to listen and communicate sensitively and with empathy
- You need to be willing to learn new skills, have a flexible approach to work and be able to demonstrate the skills and qualities necessary to work within our in-patient areas
These apprenticeship opportunities will enable successful candidates to develop knowledge, skills and experience in Mental Health and Learning Disability In-patient care units, and help prepare you for a potential career in this particular health care setting.
The ability to work a shift pattern is essential; you could be starting your 8 hour shift as early at 7:00am. Other days you could be finishing as late as 7:00pm. You will be steadily embedded into this shift rota, but will be expected to be available between these hours from the outset.
You must be willing and able to undertake a Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification. This will be delivered on-site with in-house assessor’s visiting you on a regular basis and setting tasks for completion. This qualification must be achieved within the 52 weeks placement opportunity.
- To assist in the basic care and assessment of patients
- To assist with therapeutic interventions and activities as directed
- To assist patients in undertaking daily living activities e.g. washing, bathing, nutrition, hydration, in accordance with the patient care plan
- To be informed and aware of the patients clinical condition and individual circumstances to ensure the care and comfort of patients
- To contribute to the patient’s plan of care by communicating any relevant observations.
- To support admission and discharge procedures. Ensure policies around patient’s property and valuables are followed
- To assist with general clerical activities
- To work with all members of the ward team to promote high quality care
- Undertake tasks which have been delegated to you, or for which you have been deemed competent
- Be aware of and work within the limitations of your role, knowledge, skills and competence
- Raise any concerns with the above with your mentor or line manager
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe environment
- To develop skills and knowledge in the area of mental health/learning disability care
- To be aware of and comply with Health & Safety, Fire Regulations and all other policies laid down by Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- To undertake any other duties of a similar nature consistent with the responsibilities of this post in order to provide a quality service
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!