About Direct Line
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
We are looking for Apprentices to join our join our Head Office Property & Liability Underwriting department for a 2 year apprenticeship programme in London.
As well as gaining on-the-job work experience within our Pricing and Underwriting team, you can achieve Level 3 Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications in General Insurance and Underwriting.
The HO Property & Liability Underwriting team provides commercial underwriting guidance and support to DLG Commercial underwriters. We maintain and promote a range of non motor insurance products aimed at commercial customers based in the UK.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will secure a permanent, full-time position within our Underwriting department – subject to your performance and completion of studies.
You will join the HO Property & Liability Underwriting team, providing underwriting guidance through:
- Developing knowledge of pricing and underwriting systems and processes; develop your business, market knowledge and awareness of relevant industry issues which impact your area & incorporate in the work that you do
- Providing analytical and underwriting insight to inform wider business decisions and strategy
- Assisting with the development of commercial underwriting strategies and products to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Supporting in analysing underwriting performance and controls, including producing & analysing tactical management information
- Planning, manage, and deliver tasks and projects in a proactive, timely, and accurate manner, providing insights, impacts and recommendations
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!