About Direct Line
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
We are looking for Apprentices to join our join our Pricing department for a 2 year apprenticeship programme in Bromley.
As well as gaining on-the-job experience within our claims team, you can achieve Level 3 Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications -- studying General Insurance and Underwriting.
Within the Pricing team, it’s our role to constantly manage and monitor the price for all of our products to ensure that we maintain profitability and understand the risks around the prices we are setting for customers. We work across a diverse range of products across Commercial lines including Landlord, Van, Shop, Office, large commercial business, and even Farm insurance. Our work can be quite diverse, and you'll learn how to use the latest Actuarial software and techniques as well as understand databases and how prices are set within insurance. You'll join a highly skilled team who work very closely with the wider business and this will allow you to develop and find the right path for your career.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will secure a permanent, full-time position within our Pricing department – subject to your performance and completion of studies.
You will join the Commercial Pricing and Underwriting team, supporting price-based analysis through:
- Developing knowledge of pricing and underwriting systems and processes; develop your business, market knowledge and awareness of relevant industry issues which impact your area & incorporate in the work that you do
- Providing analytical support and insight to inform wider business decisions and strategy
- Assisting with the development of pricing models and ongoing monitoring of the models to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Supporting in analysing trading performance and controls, including producing & analysing tactical management information
- Planning, manage, and deliver tasks and projects in a proactive, timely, and accurate manner, providing insights, impacts and recommendations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong level of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to plan, prioritise, and be accountable for own work
- Ability to meet deadlines
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!