Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Credit Research Support Apprenticeship
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its research team.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications (including Investment Operations Certificate); develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the qualifications during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
ABS Credit Research
The Fixed Income business at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join its Asset Backed Securitisation (ABS) Credit Research team. The ABS team provide both credit and surveillance work for the Fixed Income Funds, and have responsibility for over £30bn of assets. The primary purpose of the role will be to ensure both administrative and surveillance support to the Analysts and Fund Manager Assistants, undertaking daily administrative tasks and supporting the team with any ad hoc requests.
Given the range of sectors covered by the ABS team, the scheme will give successful candidates a practical introduction to ABS credit analysis and credit analysis in general, whilst also providing early exposure to a range of challenging business experiences and an introduction to working within a large asset manager.
The role is split between satisfying ad-hoc requests and the following regular tasks:
- Work with the analysts on surveillance of assets and helping with the analysis of asset performance
- Support the FMAs on administrative tasks, including working on the Credit Research Intranet and helping with regular reporting
- Become well acquainted with the various ABS systems
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points (240 old UCAS tariff), or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive "can do" attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!