Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) Pathway Trainee at Uniper
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits. Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) Pathway Trainee
How we work
The people at Uniper are the base for our success. One of our core objectives is to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration. This allows our employees to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills. Together want to shape the future of energy.
At Uniper we have extensive knowledge of global and regional energy markets with their different regulatory systems and market conditions. Uniper has the equipment, knowledge and skills to succeed as an established energy business. We have various expertise in the construction, management and operation of large power plants, as well as in the optimisation and risk management of assets and contracts. At Uniper, people work with one common goal: The reliable supply of energy.
We're now looking for trainees to join our accelerated two year Electrical Control and Instrumentation programme. With this programme, you will take the first step on a journey towards becoming an engineering technician at our technologically advanced power station at Ratcliffe-on-Soar. You'll learn the theory of plant engineering and get to apply your knowledge and skills on real-time projects.
This is your opportunity to gain an NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Control and Instrumentation, as well as a wealth of experience and engineering skills - important milestones on your way to becoming a trained and qualified EC&I Technician and an engineer of the future.
What to expect
Located near Nottingham we generate power from our four 500 MW units utilising a mix of conventional and state of the art technology to help meet the energy demands of the UK.
Our current role is moving away from traditional bulk energy supply. We operate to help Grid in stabilising the system through frequency and voltage regulation, ensuring power is available when alternative low carbon sources are not available in sufficient volume to maintain security of supply.
Playing our part in the transition to a low carbon economy is something we are proud of. We look to do this at lowest sustainable cost to the consumer, whilst helping to ensure ‘the lights stay on’.
- You'll gain expertise about the workings of thermal power plants, both in theory and in practice, and learn from our experienced engineering experts.
- Nationally recognised qualifications: NVQ Level 3 in Electrical, Control and Instrumentation.
- In between the theory, you will be able to develop your on-site competence. Being based at Ratcliffe-on-Soar power station, you will be able to apply your knowledge in a real working environment.
- Ultimately, you'll gain experience that could open up more career opportunities to you
Who we are seeking
Essential skill requirements
- HNC in an Engineering, Process or Technology related subject, supported by five A/C grades at GCSE in English, Maths, Science or Technology (or A/AS level equivalents).
- Desire to develop skills and expertise with practical experience.
- Enthusiasm and a passion for Engineering and a desire to develop a career.
- A good safety attitude and the ability and desire to work within a team environment.
If you’ve always been fascinated by all things mechanical and electrical, and you love taking things apart and putting them back together again, this is the scheme for you. Part of a team that includes highly talented and experienced engineers, you’ll be learning from the best.
We are looking for engineers of the future. We are eager to attract candidates with a keen interest to aspire and develop in engineering – whether you are a college or university leaver.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.