About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. Because we’re privately owned, we’re fully focused on the long-term interests of our clients – with both the commitment and the resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help them achieve their financial goals.
At Fidelity International, we are passionate about sharing our knowledge and experience to help our clients make the right investments for today and for the future.
Financial Services Technology Apprentice (18 -24 months)
The UK & Continental Europe Financial Services Team delivers technology solutions across our business. This covers everything from our websites, mobile applications and contact centre solutions through to our core record keeping systems where all of our customer and financial information is maintained.
What would this role involve on a day to day basis?
No one day is the same in this role. Each can is different and can involve spending a range of time on strategic long term projects or investigating innovative new ways to use technology in the market place and how they may benefit our customers.
Once an initial grounding in office skills has been obtained then responsibilities will depend upon the first module of focus e.g. business analysis.
Taking this as an example, then responsibilities might include:
- Working with non-technology teams around the business to understand requirements for a new feature that would be offered to customers
- Understanding the software delivery process and the needs of developers to write successful quality software
- Work with Digital teams to understand how end customer process and visual designs are put together and how the requirements process is so key to a simple and quality product
- Bring new ideas and experiences to the team and look to incorporate them into how we deliver solutions
What qualification would you work towards?
Over an 18-24 month period, we would support this apprentice as they work towards a relevant technical industry-recognised qualification, supported by our partner training provider. We are also committed to providing a full range of professional and interpersonal skills training to support help all of our apprentices reach their full potential.
A combination of on the job and formal training covering the main skills involved in IT will also be covered. These include business analysis, software development, software quality assurance and general office skills. Once these areas have been grasped a grounding in project management will be provided. There may also be opportunities to study for further technical exams and qualifications.
What skills and behaviours are important for this role?
- 2 or more A Level qualifications in any subject, Grade A*-C
- Genuine interest to develop Technology and working within a financial institution
- Keen to get involved and showing a willingness to learn and seek new opportunities
- Team player who is able to gain the support and commitment of internal and external members, clients and service partners
- Ability to provide excellent customer services whilst answering inbound telephone queries
- Willingness to question processes with a view to innovating and improving existing ways of doing things with new technology
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
Please note that this role is based in our Hildenborough, Kent office. Start date early September 2017.
How to apply
To apply, click the button below and please attach an up-to-date CV and a short cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Fidelity International
- Fidelity International
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)