Infrastructure Services - Desktop Services - Technology Apprentice (18 months) at Fidelity International
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Fidelity International
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. Because we’re privately owned, we’re fully focused on the long-term interests of our clients – with both the commitment and the resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help them achieve their financial goals.
At Fidelity International, we are passionate about sharing our knowledge and experience to help our clients make the right investments for today and for the future.
Infrastructure Services - Desktop Services - Technology Apprentice (18 months)
Desktop Services is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to everyone within Fidelity. We support all the Technology that resides on the desk including Wyse Terminals, Desktop, Laptop, Screen , IP Phone , Apple Mac, Audio Visual Equipment to name but a few. The team also provides support for mobile technology and mobile apps for IOS / Android / Windows and provide support for users who work remotely. They are also responsible for providing Instant support via Tech Hubs.
What would this role involve on a day to day basis?
Through the nature of the service this team provides there is no typical day as such, each day is different from the previous one. But typically the team will provide support between the hours of 8.00am - 6.00pm with work coming through via our Service Desk in the form of a ticket queue. There are also users who comes to the team directly or contact them via instant messaging or telephone. As a team they collectively work through the queue and resolve any request from the user base in a timely fashion.
What are the main roles and responsibilities of this role?
- Building your knowledge of Technology at Fidelity, and in the wider asset management industry
- Understand the various aspects of the DTS role and become comfortable and familiar with the procedures that are in place
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service and support, maintaining work queue and dealing with issues
- Providing solutions in a timely manner
- Getting involved in moves and changes, dealing with new starters and leavers
What qualification would you work towards?
Over your apprenticeship you will work towards and industry recognised qualification relevant to your role. We are also committed to providing a full range of professional and interpersonal skills training to support help all of our apprentices reach their full potential.
What skills and behaviours are important for this role?
- 2 or more A Level qualifications in any subject, Grade A*-C
- Good customer service skills
- Team player who is able to gain the support and commitment of internal and external members, clients and service partners
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- An interest in technology infrastructure and providing support to internal clients
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure/computer systems desirable
- Enthusiasm and willingness to strive to improve and innovate
Please note that this role is based out of our Kingswood, Surrey or Hildenborough, Kent office. Start date early September 2017.
How to apply
To apply, click the button below and please attach an up-to-date CV and a short cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!