Infrastructure Services - End User Mobile Development - Technology Apprentice (18 months) at Fidelity International
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Fidelity International
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. Because we’re privately owned, we’re fully focused on the long-term interests of our clients – with both the commitment and the resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help them achieve their financial goals.
At Fidelity International, we are passionate about sharing our knowledge and experience to help our clients make the right investments for today and for the future.
Infrastructure Services - End User Mobile Development - Technology Apprentice (18 months)
What would this role involve on a day to day basis?
This apprenticeship sits within the End User Mobile Development team. A typical day involves:
- Creating designs for mobile apps (for example with storyboards and wireframes)
- Writing application code to turn designs into working solutions
- Engaging with stakeholders to identify application requirements and to feedback on development progress
- Testing applications to identify any bugs or issues in the code
- Working with other support teams to identify and resolve issues that may, or may not, be related to the application code
What are the main roles and responsibilities of this role?
- Building your knowledge of Technology at Fidelity, and in the wider enterprise environment
- Working as part of team to assist with the development and deployment of leading edge mobile applications, leading towards being responsible for application portfolios
- Assisting with the engagement of stakeholders to understand requirements for their mobile applications, leading towards direct engagement
- Building knowledge of application coding languages, such as Objective-C for iOS and Java for Android operating systems
- Developing secure applications, making use of enterprise grade application frameworks
- Working as part of team to provide third line support on mobile applications and supporting environments
What qualification would you work towards?
Over your apprenticeship you will work towards and industry recognised qualification relevant to your role. We are also committed to providing a full range of professional and interpersonal skills training to support help all of our apprentices reach their full potential.
What skills and behaviours are important for this role?
- 2 or more A Level qualifications in any subject, Grade A*-C
- Team player who is able to gain the support and commitment of internal and external members, clients and service partners
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- An interest in mobile devices and applications
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure/computer systems desirable
- Enthusiasm and willingness to strive to improve and innovate
What additional training or projects are likely to be offered within this role?
- As part of the role, the Apprentice may also need to work with an array of other technologies including Workflow automation tools or design programmes. When, and if, appropriate training would be offered to ensure that they are comfortable working with these
- In addition to the normal Apprenticeship course, the Apprentice will receive a great deal of on-the-job training whilst learning programming languages such as Objective C and Java. They should be aiming to be very proficient with at least one of these languages by the end of the second year, if not sooner
- Projects that our team get involved with are expansive, covering many different areas of the organisation and engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. Current projects include an ‘iPlayer’ type application for video delivery, various apps for global events, an app to improve Technology support for all staff and a document repository to reduce paper usage
Please note that this role is based in our Cannon Street, London office. Start date early September 2017.
How to apply
To apply, click the button below and please attach an up-to-date CV and a short cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!