Corporate Property Services Apprentice at Fidelity InternationalTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Fidelity International
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. Because we’re privately owned, we’re fully focused on the long-term interests of our clients – with both the commitment and the resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help them achieve their financial goals.
At Fidelity International, we are passionate about sharing our knowledge and experience to help our clients make the right investments for today and for the future.
Corporate Property Services Apprentice
Corporate Property Services mission is to acquire, build and manage flexible, efficient, safe, productive, resilient and cost effective workplaces that support our various business needs around the world. Services are co-ordinated and provided to 32 offices in 24 countries. The Corporate Services apprentice will form part of the Corporate Property Services team, based in London, delivering and managing a wide range of diverse and important services to the business.
What would this role involve on a day to day basis?
No two days are the same when working as part of the Corporate Property Services team. The role is so varied, you could be dealing with safely evacuating a whole building of staff due to a fire alarm activation, managing an office fit out project and carrying out audits one day to compiling reports and administration, dealing with a service breakdown or deciding the best way to utilise the workplace the next. Core activities include managing service provision for engineering, cleaning, front of house, catering, postal services, office moves and changes, Health & Safety, risk, disaster recovery and landscaping.
What are the main roles and responsibilities of this apprenticeship role?
Over the two years of your apprenticeship you will be working alongside a highly experienced team of Corporate Services Managers within Corporate Property Services quickly developing the key skills required to successfully manage the built environment. Skills will include managing services to achieve high standards and excellent levels of service, leadership, problem solving, becoming an effective communicator, administration skills, finance and risk management and how to engage with key stakeholders. The role and responsibilities will be varied and the Corporate Services apprentice will need to be motivated and prepared to learn fast.
- Assisting with the day to day service provision to the business to ensure high levels of service
- Individual & team administration
- Finance management
- Learning how to utilise the various Corporate Services systems, update information and run reports if necessary
- How to manage the ‘move’ process for staff
- Space planning for the workplace environment
- Procurement of goods and services in line with our procurement policy
- Knowledge of furniture, fixtures and fittings and key suppliers
- Project management
- Disaster recovery and associated processes
- H&S and permit to work system
What qualification would you work towards?
Over the course of your apprenticeship you will work towards an industry recognised qualification that is relevant to your career choice. We are also committed to providing a full range of professional and interpersonal skills training to support help all of our apprentices reach their full potential.
Classroom or one-to-one training will be included to ensure that incoming calls and queries can be answered confidently. There may also be opportunities to study for further exams.
What skills and behaviours are important for this role?
- 2 or more A Level qualifications in any subject, Grades A*-C
- Genuine interest in the built environment and facilities
- A strong commitment towards successfully completing the apprenticeship program
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively at times, to resolve enquiries either in writing or face to face
- Maintaining a high standard of reliability
- Not easily defeated
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and being able to work well with others and alone
- Flexibility to changing demands
What additional training or projects are likely to be offered within this role?
There will be an opportunity to be involved in the project for our new building in London, 4 Cannon Street. This exciting new building is due to open in early 2019 and Corporate Property Services will be heavily involved in the delivery of this and the move of its operations from 25 Cannon Street.
Please note that this role is based in our London office. Start date early September 2017.
How to apply
To apply, click the button below and please attach an up-to-date CV and a short cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!