IT Apprenticeship - September 2022 start
Like cutting-edge tech in a dynamic business environment? IT’s Business Applications team is responsible for maintaining UK and Ireland IT systems across a wide range of business areas, like in sales, marketing, retail and corporate. But as well as day-to-day support, our other focus is on project management, with our IT Project Managers working closely with the business to develop and deliver new high-value solutions.
Technology is at the heart of everything we do, so we’re looking for an Apprentice who enjoys constant tech evolution, supporting our business teams so that the change management is successful.
You’ll be on the move in a busy and fast-paced environment, tackling different technical and practical problems, and working with a variety of teams as you support the business-as-usual IT retail operation, and help to coordinate on various projects.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside our experienced project managers, giving you a great understanding of how we approach, plan and deliver projects, and support the business to manage significant change.
You’ll also gain knowledge of how technology can be leveraged to turbo-charge the business operation, driving understanding of our customers through data acquisition, simplifying and automating processes for our colleagues to focus on value-add activities, and making it easier for our colleagues to connect with consumers.
If that sounds like a lot, don’t worry, you’ll be coached and supported to get the knowledge and skills you need to succeed, as we gradually increase your responsibilities.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Helping to build and roll out iPads with virtual reality tech to our retail estate.
- Supporting a project manager with presenting a new-tech workshop to field management.
- Working with our field and retail teams to resolve issues with IT equipment
- Collaborating with application vendors to solve bugs in existing applications
- Taking charge of your own dedicated area/phase within a project (once you have found your feet!)
- A keen interest in technology and how it can be leveraged for business growth
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and demonstrate resilience.
- The desire to work as part of a team, as well as the ability to work autonomously at times.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A school leaver or have not achieved a degree yet
- Possessing GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade C (4, or equivalent)
- Have achieved an ABB at A Level, or 34 points (16 at higher level) in the International Baccalaureate
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button and submit your CV and cover letter.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.