About Barratt Homes
Housing is big news. Just like this career opportunity. Demand for all kinds of homes - from the affordable, to the extravagant - keeps rising. Which makes construction a sector with a fantastic future. As Britain’s best-known house builder, a FTSE 100 company, with multiple awards to our name, Barratt is the place to be.
Careers built to last
We’ve built and sold over 400,000 homes in the last 50 years. These homes are built to last, and the same is true of our careers. We have a huge range of projects lined up and we need great people like you to make them a reality.
Sponsored Construction Degree
Our three-year Sponsored Degree Programme in collaboration with Sheffield Hallam University, has been custom-designed to help you gain a firm foundation of specialist skills and knowledge, while forging professional connections. Everything you need to build a rewarding career.
What you’ll gain:
- A paid role as a Trainee Assistant Site Manager
- A Foundation Degree accredited by our industry body, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB). Plus the option to move up to a full BSc (Hons) Degree over a further 18 months - accredited by the CIOB and Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Progress to an Assistant Site Manager during the programme
- Career path to Site Manager and beyond, with the potential to become a future Construction Director
- Practical experience of coordinating people and materials to achieve challenging project schedules and budgets
- Working knowledge of residential construction techniques, and legal and contractual areas
- A Barratt mentor devoted to supporting and encouraging your development
- A competitive salary plus generous incentives and benefits (including discounted house buying)
- Tailored teaching to complement practical, on-the-job learning
- Four separate off-site study weeks at Sheffield Hallam University during each year
To qualify you’ll need ONE of the following:
- One A Level and 4 GCSEs (C or above) including Maths and English OR
- BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in Building, Construction or Civil Engineering OR
- Subsidiary BTEC Diploma combined with relevant experience OR
- BTEC Extended Diploma OR
- HNC in Building, Construction or Civil Engineering OR
- Advanced Diploma in Construction or Built Environment OR
- Other access or foundation courses, including a relevant Advanced or Higher Apprenticeship
- Also, qualifications and experience gained in the Armed Forces will be taken in to account
You’re committed to quality, and you’ll know how to get the best out of our wide range of tradespeople. This opportunity calls for a project-driven and highly organised approach with first-rate communication skills.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!