Sales Administration Apprentice Scheme at M&G Prudential
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with M&G Prudential
Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Sales Administration Apprentice Scheme
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its Institutional Sales Team.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications (including Investment Operations Certificate); develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives, complete the IOC and pass the Apprenticeship during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team
The Fixed Income business works with institutional clients - the team distributes M&G’s investment products to pension schemes and insurance companies. The primary purpose of the role will be to assist the UK sales team with a wide range of work that will focus on supporting members of the team with workflow planning and production of materials. The relevant individual will also gain a high level of exposure to sales directors and investment directors across the fixed income business. The scheme will provide the successful candidate with an excellent grounding in both the institutional sales process and the fixed income business in general.
The role is split between satisfying ad-hoc requests and the following regular tasks:
- Planning and diarising upcoming work regarding producing presentations for external client meetings
- Assistance in the production of sales materials eg. building presentations
- Using Salesforce - Client Relationship Management (CRM) data management and data uploading
- Assist strategy team - the sales team is expanding globally and researching new potential markets is an ongoing requirement and will provide the successful candidate with great exposure to the Global Head of Distribution
- General team organisation and miscellaneous administrative tasks
- As the individual’s investment knowledge increases they will have the opportunity to progress into a full time sales support focused role where the individual will be solely responsible for building presentations for sales directors.
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities:
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points (240 old UCAS tariff), or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points (240 old UCAS tariff) and demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!