Assistant Buyer Apprenticeship at Severn Trent
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Severn Trent
About Severn Trent
At Severn Trent, we bring clean water to over eight million people, every day. Together, we’re delivering and caring for the world’s most precious resource.
We’re a fluid organisation – the challenges we face are always changing, and we’re changing to meet them. From harnessing the power of digital technology to finding safer, more efficient ways to save water, we’re building a network that’s ready for the 21st century. As an Apprentice, you’ll be at the heart of that transformation.
Assistant Buyer Apprenticeship
Become a procurement expert in a global organisation
As an Assistant Buyer Apprentice in Group Commercial, you’ll gain valuable skills as you help us to ensure our supply chain is as sustainable, efficient and effective as possible.
Help us conduct business the right way
From managing requests and sourcing suppliers to assessing quotes and negotiating the best deals, throughout this apprenticeship, you’ll get stuck into a wide variety of exciting work that will save us money, help us hit our targets and make a real difference to our business. You’ll help support the delivery of a sustainable supply chain solution and we’ll give you all the support you need to thrive.
- It’s an incredible opportunity for you to earn, learn, gain valuable qualifications and make your mark on our business. As you move forward, you’ll also have the opportunity to rotate around different roles and hone new skills
- We’ll help you work towards the internationally-recognised Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Certificate Level 4 qualification (equivalent to a BTEC)
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who’s assertive, proactive and confident enough to diplomatically challenge suppliers and stakeholders if necessary. You’ll also need:
- At least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), including Maths, English and ideally a Science subject
- An understanding of Procurement
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to get your full UK driving licence (if you don’t already have it)
- To be able to get to work and college independently – not all our sites are on public transport routes
- The full right to live and work in the UK (without restrictions)
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.