Higher Level Apprentice in Digital Innovation at Henderson Global Investors
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Established in 1934, Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset management firm.
The company provides its institutional, retail and high net-worth clients with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income, and private capital.
Based in London, Henderson is one of Europe’s largest investment managers, with £101 bn assets under management (as at 31 December 2016) and employs more than 1000 people worldwide.
The IT department plays a crucial role in supporting the success of Henderson Global Investors. With around 100 people, the department is responsible for developing and implementing technology to support the fund management, distribution and operational areas and for maintaining a stable and resilient IT infrastructure platform.
Higher Level Apprentice in Digital Innovation
A bespoke apprenticeship plan will be designed specifically for you. You could be working within a variety of teams within the IT Department. The decision on which teams you will be part of, and which team rotations will occur, will be made between yourself and the IT Leadership team, dependant on the skills you display and interests you express. Examples of the teams you may spend time in include:
Software Development & Data Analysis / Architecture
- The primary role of a software developer is to build and test, high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers.
- A developer will typically be working as part of a larger team, in which they will have responsibility for some of the elements of the overall project. The developer will need to be able to interpret design documentation and specifications.
Business Change Teams
- Assisting the Project Manager and Business Analyst in understanding business requirements for projects
- Assisting the Business Analyst and Developers in transforming requirements into technology change.
- Assisting the Business Analyst in testing and ensuring the technology change is fit for purpose before releasing to the Business.
- Provide input into how Henderson may benefit from and leverage Social Media and digital marketing.
Technology Infrastructure Team
- Assisting in the design, build and support of infrastructure solutions
- Assisting in the support of infrastructure processes, ensuring systems are available according to agreed Service Level Agreements
- Reactive problem management and helping to ensure that issues are resolved.
- Proactively work to improve processes and improve availability times.
- Monitoring of the IT network and infrastructure, responding to and analysing security alerts and events and escalating these as part of defined incident management processes.
- Helping to Improve Information Security visibility and reporting capabilities where necessary.
- Contributing to Information Risk management
What You Will Learn
- How to apply problem solving skills to real world situations
- A range of roles including coding, testing, analysis and project management
- New technical skills such as programming, software testing and other digital practices
- How software is designed, developed and deployed in a modern agile project environment
- How to work successfully in a team environment within a professional organisation
- Understanding how Technology teams are becoming a critical component and contribute to the future success of international Financial Services firms such as Henderson Global Investors
As an apprentice you will also be working towards a Certificate of Higher Education in Year 1 and a Foundation Degree in Year 2.
What We Are Looking For / What You Will Need
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Passion and enthusiasm for new technology with a pro-active, self-motivated and positive attitude.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new skills and to contribute to the team’s objectives.
- Ability to work to deadlines and to be delivery focused.
- Willingness to help out and perform other roles where required to achieve the team objective; able to work independently or with others in the team.
Whilst exceptional academic qualifications are always desirable, we are really looking for individuals who demonstrate a strong desire to learn and embrace a fast paced and dynamic environment. They must be driven to succeed and able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in a professional environment. We are looking for individuals who genuinely want to make the most of their time in a leading Financial Services Company and have a resourceful and ‘can do’ attitude.
Successful applicants will be invited for interview at our London office at 201 Bishopsgate
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below or submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following in your covering letter:
- Why you would like to work for Henderson Global Investors (250 words max)
- Why you are suitable for the role (250 words max)
- What you believe the role of a successful IT function is within an asset management firm (500 words max)