by St. Modwen
What will you be doing?
As an IT Support Apprentice, you’ll be working closely with our First and Second Line IT Support staff as they support our existing and new users’ IT requirements. An amazing opportunity to gain IT exposure, training and potential career progression.
You’ll have a keen interest in IT and must be able to work as part of a busy support team.
Working closely with other departments you will need to build relationships with both internal and external customers including any training requirements which may result from upgrades or new systems.
You’ll assist in the provision of effective, efficient and customer-focussed IT services for all St Modwen IT staff for hardware, software and associated services, from installation through to disposal. Duties will include some or all of the following tasks: Resolving end user IT issues, providing technical assistance, maintaining IT equipment, Installing and configuring IT hardware and upgrading or replacement of IT hardware as needed.
Other areas of responsibility:
- Developing and maintaining a good level of technical awareness.
- Developing an understanding of and adhering to the appropriate IT policies, strategies and standards that reflect best practice, including ITIL.
- Complying with all agreed standards in the timely and effective use of the IT Service Desk system.
- Complying with security, change control and audit trails procedures for systems, software, licensing, integration and interfaces in accordance with information security policies and guidelines, including updating systems with asset lifecycle information
- Assist in the delivery of IT services and service objectives through participation in the development and delivery of project, team and personal plans and associated activities.
What you need to apply:
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3 x GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship. We are looking for potential and passion. You don’t need prior experience or academics in relation to this role but a genuine interest in getting into a career within IT.
About St. Modwen
St. Modwen is a logistics and housebuilding developer with a rich 30-year history.
We operate across two dedicated business units: St. Modwen Homes and St. Modwen Logistics, both of which are active across England and South Wales and aligned to structural growth trends.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.