Transport Planning at Transport for London
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Transport for London
About Transport for London
We're vital to London's future success, which means we could play a big part in yours.
Our transport network doesn't just help people get around, it can help people to get on. It can create opportunities for Londoners. It links our homes to our jobs, gets children to their schools, connects friends and family and joins London's businesses to customers. And it provides access to London's culture. This is why we need talented people like you, reflecting the diverse city that we serve.
Investment in transport infrastructure is vital to keeping London moving and meeting the challenges of population growth.
With 8.6 million people now living in London, the city's population is the largest it's ever been. By 2030, the figure is forecast to hit 10 million. This means that more people are, and will be, travelling in to London on a daily basis for work, which poses a huge challenge for our transport networks.
As a Transport Planning Apprentice you will receive practical learning and academic training with all the support you need. By the end, you’ll have developed to meet the transport planning technician apprentice standards.
Placements may include the following so that you can begin to understand how transport planning works:
- Planning and designing transport and traffic policies, plans, schemes and systems
- Collecting, preparing and presenting data, written information and analyses to inform the development of policies, plans and projects
- Modelling transport and traffic systems
- Assessing the impacts of possible transport measure
- Considering the transport implications of planning application
- Developing and implementing travel planning (smart travel) schemes
- Delivering projects as part of a team
- Free travel for you and a nominated partner/family member on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest-free loan
- Minimum of 29 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme - optional
- Tax-efficient childcare payments
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers including discounted Eurostar travel
- Final salary pension scheme
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!