Project Planning at Transport for London
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Transport for London
About Transport for London
We're vital to London's future success, which means we could play a big part in yours.
Our transport network doesn't just help people get around, it can help people to get on. It can create opportunities for Londoners. It links our homes to our jobs, gets children to their schools, connects friends and family and joins London's businesses to customers. And it provides access to London's culture. This is why we need talented people like you, reflecting the diverse city that we serve.
Project planners are instrumental in keeping the projects and programmes that are improving London’s transport system ‘on track’.
Our Project planners are responsible for provision of accurate & meaningful planning information to the management team and key stakeholders. So, as a planner you’ll be reporting and monitoring progress of the project, forecasting future completion dates, and recommending the most efficient sequencing of the project to achieve key cost and time targets. You’ll also review and interrogate plans from TfL’s contractors to ensure they are delivering value for money.
You'll begin a comprehensive, structured training programme designed to introduce you to a variety of areas and give your career a real kick start. You’ll be learning from our experts to gain experience on capital investment projects, asset maintenance and operations. You’ll be working within teams that are directly managing the supply chain to deliver work that is reliable, timely and cost-effective.
Placements on this apprenticeship scheme are split into four 6 month placements in any of the following areas:
- Four Lines Modernisation
- Power, Communications and Cooling (PCC)
- Asset Performance Planning
- Crossrail and Stations
- Operations and Engineering Technology
- Track Partnership
- New Tube for London
- Programme Management Office (PMO)
- Free travel for you and a nominated partner/family member on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest-free loan
- Minimum of 29 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme - optional
- Tax-efficient childcare payments
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers including discounted Eurostar travel
- Final salary pension scheme
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!